Monday, 29 April 2013

Chapter 16




“So what do you do Payal beta?” Shalini asked the young woman sitting in front of her, her keen eyes watching the girl closely as she sat confidently in front of her, sipping on her coffee “Oh, I'm studying bio-chemistry at VIMS...I mean, I was...but since we are no more in Bangalore...I’ve transferred to St Xaviers  in Mumbai..I’ll be heading there in the afternoon in fact” she said with a morose voice

“Oh, Xavier’s’ is a very good university...I'm sure you will enjoy studying there...” she said as Payal shrugged “I don't think anyone actually enjoys studying” she said as her father looked at her sternly “Payal...I don't think you should..” he started saying when Shalini gupta interrupted him

“Oh but she is right...studying is no fun! But Payal..remember this, you should try and enjoy whatever you do...be it studying, a hobby or work...because the day you stop enjoying it, is the day you let go of it...it stops bringing the contentment to your heart and becomes a chore...so I'm sure that if you are passionate about your subject, you will enjoy studying it too” she said as payal nodded at her and smiled...wary of her father's stern eyes

“Payal has always wanted to study Bio-tech...she wants to be a genetic engineer...” Shashi said proudly as Shalini smiled and turned towards Ritwik “And you beta...which grade are you in now?” she asked him as he quickly answered “Grade 8...and I want to a pilot when I grow up…unlike a boring scientist like didi” he said with a grin as Shalini burst out laughing, while payal glared at her brother.

“Shashi...you have wonderful kids...it will be great to have more young ones amongst our midst...They have to meet Khushi, my grand-daughter...I’m sure they will get along very well...and my daughter too...” she said as she asked a passing servant “Rimmy kaha hai? (where is rimmy?)”

“Madamji school gayi hai (Madamji has gone to school)” he said as Shalini nodded “My daughter is a teacher...I forgot that she must have left for school by now...no worries...you should all join us for dinner in the evening...you can meet them then” she said as Shashi smiled.

“Thank you for the invitation maam, but I have promised the kids that I will take them out for Chinese tonight...may we postpone the dinner for some other time?” Shashi asked her with utmost respect which made Shalini smile warmly “Of course Shashi...you all are staying here for a while now...we can always dine together some other day...also I hope everything is up to your liking...if you need anything, please feel free to let us know” she said as the father and kids got up

“Thank you maam...everything is wonderful...the house is perfect” he said 'and so are the people' he said to himself, remembering the woman from earlier. They left for their house after wishing Shalini Gupta a farewell and confirming his meeting with the company staff tomorrow morning.


.................................................


“Did you hear about the Gupta's new guy?” Shyam Jha looked up from his phone as Kapil Mishra, his brother-in-law cum VP-operations, asked him while he sipped on a glass of scotch...Shyam rolled his eyes and kept his phone down “Yes I did..and don't you think it’s too early in the day to drink jijaji?” he said giving an irritated look to his brother-in-law

“Oh ho Saale saab...there's never a good time to drink...I drink when I feel like it...and I think it’s time you start drinking during the day too!...seems to me, that this new guy is a God! And is bound to take Gupta Mill's higher...leavings us mere mortals to struggle more” he said chuckling as Shyam took the glass from him and flung it on the adjoining wall

“Shut up dammit! You work for me! I don't want to hear praises for them...first that b***h Khushi...and now, this new problem! And on top of that idiot Arun also had to go and get himself killed!...all my best laid plans are falling apart...I had such dreams of destroying those blasted Gupta's...but now!” Shyam said in a frustrating voice as Kapil got up slowly.

“You know what your problem is? You react too quickly!...don't give in to your irrational anger so quickly saale saab...you need to re-asses your cards now...and don't take this new guy so casually...we need to observe him for a few days first...and as far as Ms Gupta is concerned...don't worry...she's going to meet her doom soon!” he said as Shyam calmed down and nodded, even if his brother-in-law was a dog...he always gave the best advice to him.


.................................................


“Can you detail your evening from 5pm to 9pm on the day of the murder?” Detective Prabhakar Naik asked Khushi as she sat on the chair opposite his at the conference table, with Arnav on her other side...they had just settled down after the initial pleasantries and Khushi was mighty surprised to hear his first ever question to her

“Why are you questioning her about whereabouts? What are you trying to imply by asking her that” arnav asked him before Khushi could say anything. “I'm merely doing a routine detailing Mr Raizada...I'll be asking you the same question too” he said noticing the way arnav sat protectively next to her.

Khushi looked between the two men and pressed arnav's hand before assuring him with her eyes “Arnav...its fine..” she said as Arnav sent an irritated look towards him, he knew his questioning was absurd, but they had to co-operate; He settled back as Khushi started speaking

“I was in office till 7pm that day; it was the day when we closed a major deal and nearly the entire senior staff was in this same conference room, Arnav as well” she said looking at arnav “We finished the meeting by 7pm and wrapped up everything” she said as the detective nodded, pushing the voice recorder a little bit closer to where Khushi sat

She eyed it warily before continuing “After that, Arnav and I decided to celebrate the win, by going out for dinner...he made the reservations at 'Bella Italia' restaurant in Colaba before we set out for it around 7:15” she said as the detective looked on with interest.

“We reached the restaurant at around 8 and sat down for dinner thereafter....” she said as he nodded “The dinner continued till 9-9:15....till I got a call from my mother about...about...” she said as Arnav squeezed her hand “After that I don't remember much since I fainted..The next thing I remember is waking up in my bed around mid-night” she said as the painful night passed in front of her eyes

“Ok Ms Gupta...since you and Mr Raizada were together the entire time, you both check out for your alibi's...however we need to further check if everything you said ties up with the actual facts or not...” he said as Arnav once again spoke in anger

“What the hell do you mean? Our Alibi's!? You are treating us as criminals...Khushi and me, we both did not have anything to do with her father's murder...then why are you recording our statements?...the last I knew only suspects had to clear their alibi's...so why us!?” he said as the detective calmly looked at the two people seated before him.

“Because you both are suspects...along with your mother too Ms Gupta” he said looking at Khushi, whose shocked face looked back at him...before any of them could lash out, he held up his hands “I know you both must be wondering why you are considered as suspects...so let me clear a few things” he said as Arnav got up

“I don't want to listen to any of the rubbish you are going to tell us...I don't know from where you got this absurd idea! Us as suspects? Khushi? She is his daughter for God's sake...and me? I hardly knew the guy...” he said agitatedly as Detective Naik nodded in his irritatingly calm manner

“I know...but I can't overlook what Ms Sheetal has told me about you two” he said as this second sentence of his left them stumped again “Sheetal? What the hell did she tell you? And are you going to believe that two-timing Gold-digger!?” Arnav said as he pushed his chair away and started pacing the conference room

Khushi who was shocked to know that Sheetal had told the detective something against them, was more worried for Arnav's behavior...he needed to calm down, otherwise things would get out of hands...she stood up and went to arnav who was looking out of the floor to ceiling window in the room

“Arnav...let’s just listen to what he has to say ok? What’s the harm in it...we both know that we didn't have anything to do with this...so just...” she said as arnav turned around and nodded at her...he looked at the detective sitting across them “So tell us detective...what has Sheetal told you?” he asked as the detective cleared his throat

“From her statement...she has hinted that both of you,  might have been involved in Mr Mehra's murder...” he said and waited for either of them to burst out, but both seemed to be listening to him, albeit with irritation and anger on their faces “According to her, you had threatened your father of killing him during the Raizada annual mela some days ago” he said looking at Khushi, to which Arnav shook his head

“That’s crazy! Why would she do that?” he started saying when Khushi's hand on his arm stopped him...she shook her head before looking at the detective “I did do that...but it was in a different context altogether!...I never said I wanted to kill him...it was a reflexive retort to his filthy actions that day...I was very angry with him for the way he treated my mother...just because I said it in the heat of the moment, does not mean I meant it” she said as the detective nodded

“Hmm...and what about the fact that you had called Sheetal from Arnav's phone and threatened her that day? She said you told her that you are with Arnav now...and you will kill her too if she does not leave him alone” he said with a straight face as Arnav cursed loudly

“What the f**k! I was there when Khushi called her...Sheetal was annoying me the entire day with her incessant calls...all Khsuhi told her was to stop calling me...she is lying!” he said as the detective observed both of them

“Detective...your accusations are based on one person's lies...what proof does she have that I threatened her or that me or Arnav have anything to do with this murder? You can't trust her...she's trying to manipulate the situation!” Khushi said, trying to reign in her anger

“True...that's why I'm investigating...No one is accusing you of anything yet Ms Gupta...but it’s my job to reach to the bottom of this, and I need to take everyone's statements into consideration...and right now, Ms Sheetal is an eye-witness, whatever she says, lie or truth will be considered” he said as Khushi pursed her lips while Arnav ran a frustrating hand through his hair

“Also, Mr Raizada...she told us how much angry you were with Arun Mehra because you came to know that Sheetal was cheating on you with him..and she feels that you may have ordered his hit...since you were so in love with her” he said as Arnav instead of fuming burst out in a mirthless laugh.

“Out of all the things that mad woman had to say...she told you this? Detective Naik, we had broken up a long time before that...and as for love? I never loved her...never would...” he said as the detective smiled “Yes...that I do agree on...only a mad man can fall in love with her..and you Mr Raizada...are very sane...maybe a bit too much...but I still need to consider it” he said before he got up and switched off the recorder

“Ms Gupta...I still need to speak to your mother...she is also under suspect...” he said as Khushi got up to protest “Uh..uh...hold on before you jump the gun” he said as khushi sat back down “Everyone is a suspect in a murder...and we need to consider motives which may be possible from even the most innocent of people...so I'll be soon coming to yours to talk to her...” he said before bidding both arnav and khushi a goodbye leaving both of them pensive and disturbed.


.................................................

“Akash yaar! Life is getting too boring!” Amandeep said as his best friend sat cross-legged on the fresh green grass of the university gardens...it was a free period and most of the guys were lazing around..Some trying to sneak in a smoke while some were eyeing girls.

“Chal yaar...lets bug someone..” he said as Akash rolled his eyes while the others in the groups agreed with Amandeep “Haan yaar! Patao some chick na...it’s been too long!” Imran said as Akash hit him on his head with the book in his hands “Oye! Chup kar! Patao some chick na! Your'e talking as if it’s something I do for a living!” he said as everyone chuckled

“C'mon man...if no one can do it, Akash can! Remember our 1st year slogan...dude you were the dawg!...why did you get so boring and studious all of a sudden!” Amandeep whined as Akash came and swung his arms over his shoulders “Bacchu…bhai happened! I'm training with him now...I can't be the same mad carefree guy...I have responsibilities!” he said with a goofy smile as the rest of them sniggered

“Arre chal chal..don't give us all this shit! Just say you chickened out...tere me ab who baat nahi hai!” another one of the guys spoke up making Akash bristle in irritation “Ok fine! Is that what you guys think? Fine! Chal...give me any task! Anything and I will do it! Maa kasam...aazma ke toh dekho!” he said pulling his collar up as his gang looked at each other before everyone broke into a smile

“Ok Akash paaji!....we dare you...!” Amandeep said as Akash kept his book inside his backpack and looked at him “We dare you to kiss the first girl that walks in from the west gate!” he said as Akash looked at him wideyed “Kya? Are you mad? Marwayega saale!” akash said as the rest of his gang laughed

“Dekha! I had said na...pak pak pakkak!! Chicken!” Imran said with a guffaw as Akash looked at him angrily “Theek hai...I’ll do it! I'll kiss the next chick who walks in from that gate!...Akash Singh Raizada is not a coward...you'll see!” he said as he strode confidently towards the west gate

He gave one last look at his gang who were watching him as he walked and stood near the gate...he took a deep breath as he saw a hefty aunty walking towards the gate from the other side...he closed his eyes at the unfairness of the situation he was put into...kissing that aunty was the last thing he wanted to do...so he braced himself and waited till she walked in

He waited till her footsteps got closer...he could feel a faint rose scent wafting around him...he stood right in front of the gate as the footsteps felt like they were right next to him...and he opened his eyes...but before he could react to the fact that there was no aunty there..he felt a tap on his shoulder...he turned around thinking that she had probably walked right past him while he took the courage to open his eyes

“Can you tell me which way is the admissions office?” he heard a soft lilting voice as he finally turned around and looked at the most beautiful girl he had probably ever seen...at least out of television....she wore a pale pink top with light skinny jeans...her gorgeous hair was swept on one side as she looked at him with a questioning gaze...her coffee brown eyes sparkling

“Excuse me!” she said in annoyance as akash refused to look anywhere else but at her... “Huh? Sorry..did you just walk in from that gate?” he asked her as she looked at him weirdly, nodding her head “yes I did...but your eyes were closed...anyways...it's fine...I’ll look for the office by myself” she said and turned as akash loudly said “Stop!”

She turned around as he stepped towards her making her wary of him “Ok...this is gonna look really silly...and maybe even mad....but I gotta do this!” he said making the girl look at him cautiously before he leaned down and kissed her cheek...her soft, silky, smooth cheek “Owww! What the f**k!” he screamed as his cheek stung where her hand has slapped him hard

“How dare you! You perv! You sicko!...wait till I report you!...someone! Help...this man is sick!” she started to scream as Akash took a second to realize what had happened...he saw the guard posted at the other gate come running towards them while the girl kept screaming...he looked once at his gang who were watching the entire thing with their mouths hanging open...and before the guard could reach them, Akash singh Raizada ran.


.................................................


“Hey! Can I come in?” Arnav asked khushi as she looked up from the files scattered on her table...she smiled as she nodded and closed the files...she was glad that arnav came to meet her...earlier in the day, after the meeting with the detective, they had parted on tense terms...Arnav had told her to take the day off, but she had said that she wanted some time to think about all this

When he had offered his company, she had asked him to give her some time on her own...she knew that she had not hurt him and he probably did not take it that way…But something had made her think that maybe she had been too harsh in her actions...but he had been understanding and had left her on her own.

Now as the day came to an end, she was planning on meeting him before leaving for the day when he had himself come to her cabin “I thought I’ll come and see how you’re holding up before I leave” he said as khushi felt her heart beat faster...something that happened a lot now a days…his care and concern left her feeling all warm and fuzzy inside...something she had never felt before

“Thanks arnav...I’m much better now...and I’m sorry for being such a grouch earlier...I don't know why I behaved like that” she said, coming to stand in front of him as he leaned against the pillar near the windows “Hey! It’s cool...don't think too much about it...I know how stressed you were...but don't worry...we'll sort it out ok...I've spoken to one of my family lawyers, we need to understand our rights before speaking about anything” he said as khushi looked at him in awe

She had not even thought of all that... “Gosh arnav...stop being so good...let me still think of you as that arrogant ass from earlier!” she said with a sheepish smiled as arnav grinned...making his whole face change...making him look more irresistibly gorgeous “You should smile more...you look more handsome” she said before she realized what she had said

The easy expression on arnav's face vanished as a more intense look took over “Really? It does?” he asked her as she colored at her obvious slip..She shrugged at him, trying to hide her embarrassment “Yeah...umm...I mean, anyone would look good laughing and smiling...” she said as he leaned forward towards her

“I'm an expert at reading people Khushi...but you...I just can't seem to figure you out” he said with a smirk as she looked away from his strong gaze “Uh…why do you think that? I don't think I’m that complicated” she said as arnav shook his head “I don't know...every time I see you...I feel like I know you from somewhere...but how is that possible? We never met before...then how...” he said as he continued to stare at khushi, who had now gone silent

She looked down as she suddenly felt him step more towards her, the easy friendly atmosphere now getting heated as awareness and something else made its presence felt..She looked up to find him gazing at her “Tell me khushi...have we met before?” 

24 comments:

  1. Nice update....
    Sheetal is such a big fat liar!!!
    Payash first face-off was hilarious... she made Akash Singh Raizada run!!
    Shashi is finding all the people lovely..:) but had one person in mind when he thought so...
    So Arnav finally pops up the inevitable question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg dear this sheetal is a sicko witch .... gosh how dare she I hope asr n our darling princessnteach her a good lesson ... I so love arshi how they both understand each other hmmm asr care for her soo much .. bt now now now last line was like "WHAT THE"..... watz gna happen will kushi tell him abt the pastmeet ????? I think she shud I think they shud clear that plzzzzzzz ....

    Shashi omg he seems really nice in here kind nice gentleman loving his children ...

    I sooo wana knw the day oayal n bro will get to knw who is garima ahahah even sashi will get shock ahahah.

    Payash scene... omw wat a first meet ahahah akash u r a dead man watz gna happen hmmmmm

    Cant wait for more dear plz update sooon super great update :-)

    IF: Cheval

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Sheetal is such a#####!!
    I loved PayAash scene!
    And to top it off!i loved the scene at the end!!!:)))
    -06Pallavi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome update.
    Shashi missed meeting garima, seems like start of something new. Oh! Sheetal with her cheap lies. Why cant she be a suspect as it happent in her home? Akash ranaway after kissing, lol. Arhi scene at the end was awesome. Wonder wat wil khushi reply him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheetal is really a bitch....and you are focusing on all characters not only Arshi..thats good...i luved the last part of Arshi...

    ReplyDelete
  6. so ..... they are suspect ......... loved how Arnav was their for Khushi at every step ......... and the college masti ....OMG, Akash run for his life ..... dude you are so gone now .......

    so now the flashback which Khushi had always of their first meet will Arnav also going to know now.... at see how will he react and also what will say about taunting Khushi that time.....

    love it ..thanx for an update

    Nrag
    (india-forums)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh such a lovely update.....love payash nd shashi dreaming about garima.arshi....love d way their relationship is progressing....waiting for khushi's reply

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can sheetal get anymore cheap and low? So in love I believe and so a target I believe! My foot! That guy firstly cannot love and even if he loves won't realize till he almost losses it and that only person he loves his Khushi for crying out loud sake!!

    It was very nice to read the payal shashi ritwik and nani part! Oh Mr Shashi your in for trouble when you get to know who Rimmy is ;-)

    Too sweet the small gestures shared between ArShi to calm down the other when required!

    Lmao bakra Akash became! Kiss and slap heheh!


    Aww he came to check on her! All that care concern cho chweet! And that blurting out handsome wala part! His admission that she is an enigma that he cannot understand nd read!

    But that question ayyo all that + equations that were formed now destroyed? By reminding the past?? Achucho!!

    Hmm sad man! Let's sew how it turns out from here!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey nice update sheetal such big fat liar......arshi bond getting stronger day by day.....what will be Kushi's answer now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great update... Shashi is already a goner it seems ;) How will he react when he learns that Garima is actually his maam's daughter?? Aakash & Payalia encounter was hilarious, can just imagine Aakash making a run for it with the guard in pursuit. LOL. Sheetal is shitty to the extreme. No wonder Arnav laughed at her allegations good that it seems like the detective also saw through her :) Loving the way Arnav & Khushi's relationship is progressing... All his care & concern is so damn cute... Will Khushi own up to Arnav where they had met before?? Please update soon next time, your updates have greatly reduced :(

    -- Pixiegirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh GOD ...THT SLIMY BATCH OF SHEETAL SHYAM N MISHRA....HATE THEM.......
    Waiting for Khushi to reveal their first meeting.....want to see Arnavs reaction to tat incident now......
    PAYASH LOVELY....AKASH DESERVES THAT......
    WAITING. For next update

    ReplyDelete
  12. You packed a lot of plot lines in this one chapter. Good on you.
    Loved that you picked Xavier's of all colleges....nostalgia sets in.
    Sheetal is decidedly cheap.
    Intrigued at how the Akash - Payal and the Shashi - Garima relation will develop.
    Very eager to know if Khushi will tell Arnav about the past. Also wonder about how he would react to knowing how much he hurt her back then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely update...shashi is such a flirt.....i can't believe he is all garima garima and that too after one meeting...hehehe...god save his innocent children....hehe
    arnav and khushi are truly partners...the way they support each other is amazing...
    i wish khushi tells him about the past...about their first meeting...i can't wait to read about arnav's reaction...it'll be too much fun
    continue soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems that arnav and khushi is messed up thanks to Sheetal's nasty acts..but all these things look liked planned and shyam is very much into these..

    Now, the past part was somehow scary..I mean khsuhi would be skeptical to share about their first meeting, i think..lets see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sheetal has proved over and over again that she is a bitch...
    Loved the Payash scene...Akash is so cute...
    The last part was brilliant..I can't wait to read Khushi's response!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sheetal factitious statements are contemptible..am glad Det.Naik is on the same page as Arnav as far as her idiosyncrasies are concerned...loving the progression of A&K's relationship..and, waiting with eager anticipation for K's response..
    Aakash-Payal encounter was mirthful...Ah! Shyam has a hand in all the happenings, and, he is interested to know more about Shashi, while the danger looming over Khushi has not abated..
    Eager for the next update...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had seen you updated yesterdy but din't find the time to read it. Today I tried to read the update on IF and can't find it. I now prefer to read nd omment on IF as it is more interactive. But Ican't wait nt moreand since I have your blog book marked I decided to read and omment here.
    Sorry for the long bhashan.
    Love Shshi and family. Putting aside the fact hat he will be Garim's love interest, I love the guy for his humaneness and strong character.
    Arnav is so supportive of Khushi. She has found a friend she can rely upon.
    Sheetal is trying to make the most of the situation, but the detective seems to be an intelligent guy.
    Khushi is about to tell Arnav about thir first meeting. Waiting or his reaction to that.
    Aakash and Pazl's first meeting reminds me of Main Hoon Naa.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this was sweet...so akash kisses payal and gets a slap instead...loved their interaction...so two are in the ssame uni...
    i love shashi the guy is a gem...happy for garima...but he doesnt knw the woman he met is she...sweet...hope he finds out soon...
    so shyam jha is conspiring and its his jijas work on killing Arun...and sheetal is obviously shit...hate that woman...
    love the supportive and caring arnav..so these two are getting closer...hopefully they might make through this as well..loved their tlk, so finally they are kind of accepting each others place in their life nah...im loving it...
    yush

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sheetal is delusional... Whatever on earth gave her the idea that Arnav was in love with her....?!?! I know the detective annoyed Arnav and Khushi with his questions but Im glad he is doing his job and he seems sensible....
    Shyam... hez never upto anything good... is he?!? wonder what his brother in law has planned.. but in all of that they did not account for Arnav and how he'l be there to protect Khushi no matter what they throw her way...
    Arnav feels like they have met before?! Will Khushi tell him and will he remember anything about their meeting...?
    As for Payal and Aakash... their first meeting made me laugh... with this kind of a start there are bound to be fireworks in the future...
    Loved it...looking forward to the next one:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey beautiful beautiful update. Sheetal's is such a waste of space!!! Cannot wait to read further!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow Payal slapped Akash!!

    I hope he how they met previoulsy

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, just loved the update... sheetal's confession will definitely make them suffer a bit. payal and akash seems to have a heated starting whereas arnav-khushi chemistry has started to take a new dimension. anyway thanks for the lovely update. when are you gonna write the next one? cant wait ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sheetal got a chance to take revenge.
    Wondering who is behind Arun's killing. Monica????

    ReplyDelete
  24. Superb update...Sheetal accusing Arnav n Khushi....she is physco. Finally something brewing btwn Arshi.

    ReplyDelete