“Arun,
I suppose you know why I’ve called you for this meeting” Shalini
Gupta said as she sat opposite her ex-son in law who looked visibly
stressed out. On her left sat her trusty CFO, Raj who had a calm
expression on his face, making Arun Mehta sweat...he had an inkling
as to why he was called here, but he prayed that it wasn't so.
“Uh...maaji…”
Arun started as Shalini raised an eyebrow “Please refrain from
calling me that…we both know how much respect you have for such
relationships” she said with barely controlled anger as Arun looked
at her with seemingly desperate eyes…his fist clenching and
unclenching in nervousness
“Did
you think that you will so easily launder money out of my company,
and we won’t know about it?” she asked him as Mr Raj gave her a
file resting on the table. She opened the file to a specific page and
leaned ahead to show the contents to Arun.
“I
don’t need any more proof…and any number of reasons you throw in
your defense won’t work here” she said as Arun poured over the
neatly printed excel sheets with attached vendor details and bills…he
knew it was futile to talk his way out of this
He
looked up with pleading eyes at the regal woman sitting in front of
him, unable to form words in front of the fire burning in her eyes
“I….I..don’t…” he started saying when Mr Raj got up and took
the file away..he looked at Shalini who nodded at him and waited till
he left her cabin, leaving Arun and her alone inside
“However
close Raj is to all of us, there are certain things I can’t discuss
in front of him…especially those which include my daughter and
grand-daughter in matters where you are concerned” she said as Arun
sat with his head in his hands that were shaking due to fear and
anger
“Maaji…you
have to understand!...I had debts…some which I took in Khushi’s
name…to buy property for her” he said as Shalini got up in anger
and pushed her chair away with such force that Arun was left shocked
to see that much energy in her fragile body.
“Don’t
you dare take Khushi’s name! You have never…ever done anything
for my girls…You think I don’t know how you had planned it all?
You always meant to marry Garima for her money…it was an added
bonus that she fell pregnant and gave you that chance without any
qualms from our side” she said as she controlled her breathing and
picked up a frame from her table
She
lovingly gazed at a picture of all three of them, Her..Garima and
Khushi; it was taken a week before Khushi had left for the London for
her undergrad… “You broke her Arun…you made her stand against
her own family…you humiliated her…you did everything that one
should never do to someone they claim to love…” she said as a
thin film of tears formed on her aged eyes
“And
Khushi…all that girl wanted was her father…but what did you give
her? Nothing!..I won’t even get into things my darling had to go
through due to your heinous and shameful ways” Shalini said as she
placed the frame back on the table
“If
you think even for a second, that Garima will once again forgive
you…think again. Don’t ever show your face to her…she has moved
on and I do hope that she will find someone worthy of her
love..unlike you..” she said as Arun slowly got up from his chair,
his shoulder dropping…he knew there was nothing else he could
do…not now at least
“As
for Khushi…I won’t tell her about your criminal activities, nor
am I going to call the police and hand you over…it will cause too
much grief for both of them, so I’m letting you go…leave this
country…don’t show your face ever again!...trust me, I will make
your life hell if you stay here…I have made sure that no one will
hire you..so it’s best you go….think of this as your exile” she
said as Arun looked at her with angry eyes
“You
can't make me go away...you want to throw me out? Fine! To hell with
this company....Lets see how you keep this sinking ship afloat!” he
mocked as Shalini Gupta smirked at him “So much arrogance is not
good Arun, I had thought that you would be at least a little bit
shameful...but I think i hoped for too much...” she said as the
door to her cabin opened up and two guards came inside.
“You
will leave Arun..or I know ways to make you” she said, a slight
glint twinkling in her sharp eyes before she walked out of her
cabin…leaving Arun with the guards who escorted him out of the
office building to his immense embarrasment. Arun did not know how
things had gone from bad to worse…he knew it was best to lie low at
the moment…and going away for a few days was the best
option..though not out of the country yet..he had many things to
plan.
.......................................
Arnav
looked at the almost comical expression of shock on Khushi’s face
as she stood like a statue outside the door….he waved his hands in
front of her face “Hello! Ms Gupta…” he said, as she shut her
open mouth and stepped inside the huge apartment
“Arnav?
What is this? And what are you…” she started saying as Arnav shut
the door behind her and interrupted her confused talk “Khushi…this
is the R&S Penthouse..” he said matter-of-factly as khushi
nodded at him slowly…trying to work out why he had called her up
here…and what did he mean by those words he had said at the
doorstep
“God
woman! Are you in shock or something? Its just a pent-house!” he
said as khushi gaze travelled around the magnificent penthouse…she
loved the simple and elegant lines of the place with a beautiful
winding staircase leading to the upper floors…she could make out
two doors on either side of the living room with a large entrance
into the massive looking kitchen, separated by a glass wall
“No
Arnav…I still don’t get it...why have you called me here” she
said as arnav sighed “Khushi…this is the R&S Penthouse …I
usually stay back here if I get late…sometimes we even conduct
dinner meetings here..” he said as khushi walked ahead touching the
beautiful furnishing before sinking into the plush couch
“Hmm…”
she said as she leaned back and relaxed into the soft leather “And
why is it my home away from home? From what i've gathered so
far...its yours!” she said as he went and sat besides her on the
couch “Yes, its my place, but i don't live here permanently” he said as she
still looked at him blankly
He
sighed as he scooted closer to her on the couch “Khushi!…you live
near my house, so I know how long it takes you to commute…tI’m
giving you access to this place, so that you can stay back if you ever
wish to..” he said as khushi gaped at him.
“And..i
also know that you don’t get a driver…its not safe for a women to
drive very late in the city…that too so far…I just thought it
would be better to have an option if you feel like staying back…”
he said as khushi nodded silently.
She was trying to work out how
Arnav’s mind works…just two days ago he was ranting on about how
unfit she was for her job…then today morning he apologized and now
he was offering her keys to his apartment…ok, not his apartment but
his company’s penthouse?
“Arnav…thanks
for all this, but I don’t think I can accept it…plus I can’t
possible ever stay back..my mom and grandmother won’t agree” she
said as arnav smirked at her “Ms Gupta…I’m not asking you to
move into my apartment for a raunchy time with me..I’m only
providing you with a safe option if you ever get stuck late…so quit
being all weird and thank me for my generous gesture” he said
pulling her hand forward and thrusting the extra set of keys in her
soft palm
Khushi,
whose face had warmed up at his words seconds ago, laughed heartily
as he pushed the keys into her hand…his fingers stroking her palm,
a second more than required…she pulled her hand back, clutching the
keys as soon as he let it go “Fine, I suppose it makes
sense..thanks arnav…though I don’t think I’ll make use of
these” she said playing catch catch with the keys in her hands
“We’ll
see…” he said as he got up, suddenly feeling too warm sitting
next to her…her intoxicating perfume swirling around his nostrils
in the cosy space…he turned back to look at her observing him..her
gaze softer than usual…but comforting in a way “Uh…I’ll show
you around” he said as she quickly tore her eyes away and nodded,
following him around the house
He
showed her all the various rooms, nooks and spaces in the huge
apartment and asked her to choose any of the bedroom, except for the
one of the left from the living room “That belongs to my brother,
who never really stays over…but apparently uses to study when there
are guests at home..total lie!" he said as he smiled, making
khushi’s lips turn up in mirth..she always wanted a sibling and
wondered how it would be like having one.
“And
the one on the right of the staircase, at the end of the corridor…is
mine…so stay away!” he said as khushi rolled her eyes… “As
if, I’m dying to go to your room..God only knows what I’ll find
there!” she said as arnav looked at her seriously “Only my secret
Harem” he said as she looked on at his straight face before
bursting out laughing.
“Yeah
right!” she said as arnav shrugged his shoulders “Guess, you’ll
never find out” he said and stopped to look at her before
continuing “Also, no bringing over anyone…I mean..” he said as
khushi held back a smile “Oh…you mean my romantic interests? For
a raunchy time?” she added his words as she grinned at his sheepish
face
“Yep…not
that you will, seeing that you don’t have one…just setting the
rules you know” he said as khushi jabbed him in his arm “Oye! I’m
not a saint…like you said, I’ll eventually find the right one
right? But I still won’t bring him here..” she said with a cheeky
grin and left to go and see the kitchen, something that always
fascinated her
Arnav
looked on as she whooshed past him…her gorgeous long legs hurrying
towards the kitchen…he could not help but check her out…she was
beautiful…there was no doubt about it, and he was enjoying this
gradual peeling away of her layers…she really was a puzzle and he
did not understand why he was so drawn towards her…it wasn’t
merely as passe as an attraction....which he was. Attracted that is.
Yes,
he had realized it that day at the mela, when he saw her for the
first time, without any pretense…he always felt she was trying to
prove something to him, in her strict and proper ways…but that day,
he saw something which left him restless…in that simple dress
holding a small child who looked at her with so much trust, he just
knew that she was different and special.
He
had always been attracted to her like a man is to a woman...she was
breathtakingly gorgeous. But this was more than that…he admired
her, he loved the way she always stood up for the people she
loves…the way she speaks her mind and does not hold back…the way
she accepts her faults and applauds her achievements without being
egotistical about it..yes, she was special....but he knew he could
never cross the professional boundary...not with her.
He
shook his head as he heard her calling his name from the kitchen…he
was amazed at the fact that he gave her access to this place…a
place which was his secret heaven…somewhere only his close friends
and family were allowed…it did not make sense, his reasons, though
genuine, were made up.
He just wanted her to feel like she belonged;
he had judged her too harshly and wanted to make it up to her…she
deserved to share this with him, like they were sharing G&R..and
maybe this was his way of repentance...yes, that's what it was. What
else.
.......................................
“Madam,
here is the resume you were asking about…” Mr Raj said handing
over a file to Shalini as she went about signing some official
papers. She was glad that they were done with Arun Mehra…a fact
which she had conveyed to her daughter some time back.
She
was happy that Garima had taken this news positively; the only worry
she had of her daughter being against it...vanished as Shalini saw a
new dawn break over her family…the dark shadows of the past finally
lifting off as Garima openly supported her mother in front of her
one-time love.
Shalini
Gupta took a deep breath as she flipped through the impressive
resume…now that Arun was no more their country head, it was time
they bring in new blood in to the company…except for Khushi, no one
was capable to take over from Arun, but Shalini did not want her to
take up this responsibility...not that she did not trust her to do
it, but because she had other plans for her grand daughter
She
smiled and handed over the file to Mr Raj and nodded “Let’s get
him down from Bangalore for an interview as soon as possible…I
think he will be best suited for this role…plus I had met him when
he was promoted to sales head in ‘Sulaja Textiles’…and was very
impressed” she said as Mr Raj smiled and nodded before leaving.
Shalini
twirled the paperweight on her table and closed her eyes as thoughts
of her company ran amok in her head…they were doing fine, but
competition was fierce...plus Arun's departure will have a great
effect on them…good? Bad? Only time will tell..till then, Shashi
Dinkaran was their best choice…she just knew it.
i know who is entering...ronit roy's charcter...;) as shashi...yay!!!!
ReplyDeleteso glad to have arun thrown out of Gupts...but he is not gone...of dat i'm sure....
nd nyc song selection for arshi moments....;) it compliments dere sweet moments....;) SAIBO. ..<3
will wait for u to come bck...gud luck for u're mert...:)
penny25
yay me frst...no prizes...????...:P
DeleteYay! u updated!!:D
ReplyDeletethnxx dear :)
i was literally stalking ur ff evryday!:P
-06Pallavi (IF)
amazing updatee
ReplyDeleteaww arnav cares about her
and is attracted to her=]
but he will defiantly go beyond the line=]
what will arun plan now=//
Finally Arun got thrown out. .. though he deserved worse than he got. .. Shalini should have handed him over to the police... anyhow he'l atleast be out of the picture for a while. ..
ReplyDeleteArnav and Khushi were adorable....
excited about Shashi's entry. ..
love your work! :)
Ah, finally an update... So Arun, finally got the boot from Gupta Mills, about time I must say... But, Shalini Gupta let him off too easily IMO. I am sure he will be back to cause more trouble in the future... Is he being controlled by the guy behind Khushi as well, like Shyam?? Or is he the mastermind?
ReplyDeleteArnav trying to make up to Khushi for his past action & words... In the process realizing Khushi is special to him... But is she biting?? Wonder when he will be pushed to take the next step to pursue Khushi...
Shashi Dinkaran, is he going to be the new guy in Garima's life?? Wonder how Khushi will react to him??
Please continue sooner :)
-- Pixiegirl
It was such an amazing read, I absolutely loved it, stalking zindabad! Pls update soon!
ReplyDeleteso Arnav is just realising he is attracted to Khushi but what will her reaction be to him physically
ReplyDeleteah Shashi is coming on the scene
nice update...arnav attraction toward khushi and try to make it easy between both of them...and her bad father out from the company..waiting to see what will happened next between them...waiting for your update
ReplyDeleteloved the bossy avatar of Shalini . So Arun is out for a time being of course .. n Shashi is going to make an entry in the arena .. it will be interesting to see your plans with Shashi's character ..
ReplyDeleteArShi moment was beautiful n soothing enough to me us smile ..
Waiting for more ..
Do cont. soon !
IF - say_cheese
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteJust caught up with the story and loving it. arun is so creepy as it shyam!
ReplyDeleteLoving the developing relationship between khushi and arnav.
Fatima2603
wow...loved the update...so arnav is attracted to khushi in a good way...and his pent house...hmm first move ...cool loved their moment...loved how fiesty shalini was around arun....great...so entry of mr.shashi dinakaran, if the name to be believed then garima is goin to find her acquaintance soon...loved the update...
ReplyDeletegradual bonding of arshi is really beautiful...
yush
Such a good update, Finally she got rid of Arun but ofc not for too long but i guess they can have peace till then and new employ will be Shashi? ooo love interest for Garima woohoo (hopefully)
ReplyDeleteArnav is sooooo attracted to her and ofc he likes her hence he is letting her share his space and aww i love their jokes!
Amazing update. Finally arun thrown out of gupta mills. And shashi to replace him, interesting. Glad that khushi accepted the penthouse keys from arnav. Liked how arnav told her that she wont come to know wats in his room. Lets wait and see. So, he s falling for her, great.
ReplyDeleteEntry of Mr Shashi!! SO now Garima will have a chance at love that she is worth of!! :) I'm wondering how Arun will now under play and then hit back with full vengeance!
ReplyDeletekeys for repentance! yes I believed you ASR :P
we.ll have to wait for a while before the feeling is mutual I suppose!
Cheers
With the bastard out of her life, Grima needs a person who loves her the way she deserves to be. Shashi's entry///
ReplyDeleteHe gave keys to her and he convinced himself it as an action of repentance... great going ASR...
Sparks began on both sides...matter of time they'll give in...
yay....finally we know who is sashi
ReplyDelete. ronit roy. ..yippie. .
I m.loving this go to place for r n s. .lolz. frsky busines...lolz
looking fwd to next update.
avni
loved the update awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCheval
ReplyDeleteWoooow loveoy sooo shalini is getting garima married again or someone in her life hmmm j hope he brings light he loves kushi too
As for arshi j love them sooo much they r toooo cute
Cant wait for.mooore
Cheval
DeleteI forgt to ask u is shashi single or divorce or ... anyway may be he can bring someone wid him like payal :) since kushi wud like to have siblings :D wat say dear????
Am glad that Arun has been put in his rightful place and shown the door, and, I must say that Shalini tackled the issue with such grace...I bow to her!!... Arun saying he had plans unnerved me..
ReplyDeleteArnav wants to right his wrong ..I loved his solicitude about her safety...the attraction is palpable..only time will tell when his resolve will enfeeble...
A new entrant in the form of Shashi to assauge the current situation..looking forward to it...
Finally, Arun is kicked out, just as he should have been long time back.. I just hope Shalini doesn't sit back comfortably without taking the necessary precautions against that b*****d... He's sure gonna do something in retaliation..
ReplyDeleteOh, I can take a breather now, at least now we can hope for the start of a relationship bet A& K... I was wondering when Arnav and Khushi will become aware of each other and feel the attraction.. It was long due... Now plz hurry and give us a nice sexy love story, aside from all the other thrilling events in this story...
Hi.. I had been following this story but somehow I hadn't got any emails for the chapter and the next. I had missed it opened the blog to read the older chapters and that's when I see 2 chapters have been added. Was there any problem.
ReplyDeleteAnyway coming to the chapter. I'm soo happy the Arun has been thrown out, literally and that hari a has finally got over him. The new intro's name is Shashi.. Interesting.
The conv between Arnav n Khushi was sweet. Khushi has some doubts I think. And from what arnav admitted to himself, her doubts r true too.
Arun is out and Shashi is in. Arnav is attracted to KHushi but maintaining professionalism. NIce
ReplyDeleteWow!! Khushi definitely inherited her nani's genes, she a very strong n wise woman. Love hw Shalini put Arun in his place n showed him in no way he was a good father to Khushi. Hez lucky Shalini let him go so easily. Good riddance Arun. Arnav is attracted to Khushi....like to see if he makes a move.
ReplyDelete