Saturday, 4 May 2013

Chapter 17

 “Tell me khushi...have we met before?” Arnav asked her in his husky voice as she tried to remain calm beneath his imploring gaze. She shifted slightly to her left to put a little distance between them but Arnav stepped forward closing the space, leaving hardly a foot distance between them.


She looked up to see him looking at her with questioning eyes as she smiled nervously at him “Wh...why would you say that Arnav? We have never met before...I would have remembered” she said with as much conviction as she could only to have arnav raise his eyebrow in question.


“Are you sure? Because you don't sound very convincing...you know Khushi, since the time i met you...the very first time actually, you seemed to have a preconceived notion about me....I know i did too, but your defiance and blatant disregard for my opinions irked me...a lot actually” he said circling her, he could see her palms clenched into fists my her side


“But then, things slowly changed between us...you became more accommodating and understanding...as if, suddenly you changed your thoughts about me...or maybe were trying to look beyond whatever you had judged me for..” he said as khushi took deep breaths..she had no idea that he had observed her and her behavior so closely.


“Don't be surprised...I read people very well...that's why I am where I am today...but you Khushi, i'll be honest....you were completely different to what i had imagined you to be...and you surprised me at every level...” he said as he sighed and stopped walking about to stand in front of her


“I always felt like there is something you are hiding from me....something i ought to know...what is it Khushi? Why did i feel like you were trying to prove something to me?...frankly it irritated the hell out of me” he said finally as Khushi's eyes widened with shock


He had known that she was trying too hard...God, she felt so humiliated...how can she ever tell him why she was acting in that way...how can she explain to him that his hurtful words that day had left a deep impact on her...the scars of which were now fading away slowly.


“Khushi?...Khushi!” Arnav said shaking her from her shoulders slightly as she took on a glazed look....she slowly looked at his face, trying to focus away from his eyes, but then quickly stepped back and started walking away “I'm not feeling well Arnav...I...I have to go” she said as Arnav quickly held her hand and made her stop. He walked towards her and tilted her chin with his forefinger, making her look directly into his caramel depths


“Enough Khushi...tell me...what is it?” He asked her in an annoyed voice, annoyed because she was giving away her uneasiness at his questioning...proving to him that there indeed was some truth to his doubts...he saw he close her eyes before taking a deep breath “yes...” she said as she opened her eyes “To answer you question...yes, we have met before...Now I really have to go” she said pulling her hand away from him when he once again held it....this time more firmly


“No...you can't just say that and leave...tell me...what are you hiding?” he asked her as she pressed her lips together and spoke in a wobbly voice “What do you want me to tell you? That we had met many years ago? In a bloody nightclub that too! Where you had saved me from a leech...and when i wanted to thank you for it, you insulted me by saying that I invited such people on purpose...” she said as arnav suddenly left her arm, shock and confusion evident in his eyes.


“Without knowing anything about me, you...you judged me to be a characterless girl, the disgust in your eyes was so searing, that till today I can feel the burn Arnav....and you say I judged you? Hell yes I did...what more can i think of someone who talks about an innocent girl in such a derogatory manner...” she said as her eyes filled up with unshed tears


“Khushi...I...” arnav started saying when Khushi help up her hand “Its ok Arnav...I don't hold any grudge against you now...you were drunk that day...plus I was a complete stranger for you...so it did not matter to you what you spoke of me...lets just forget about it ok” she said as she sniffed and wiped her eyes before packing up her stuff from the table into her bag


She could feel Arnav's eyes on her...unwavering..as if imploring her to look up...but she knew that he would probably apologize for that day and try to assure her that he did not mean anything...but she truly did not care for it anymore...she probably would have a few weeks ago, but now...now things had changed...equations had changed...she held nothing against him...but she wasn't strong enough to face him and smile...she needed to get away from him; only then she could get back to being normal.


She started walking towards her door when she heard his voice “Do you hate me Khushi?”


..........................


“That dog...such an as****le...I hate this city!!” Shashi found his daughter muttering obscenities as she entered the guesthouse living room...he could not help but smile as she twisted her face in anger and annoyance at some poor soul “Paayu...why are you swearing so much!?” Shashi asked as he finished reading the mails sent to him by HR...he had a couple of formalities still left to complete and needed to finish them before officially joining in tomorrow


“Oh God! You have no idea what happened to me!!” She said loudly with full dramatic sweep of her hands as she plonked herself on the comfy couch opposite her father “Well i'm not going to know unless you tell me” he said with a smirk as she rolled her eyes “Please don't act funny dad...if i tell you na, you will blow a fuse!” she said as Shashi frowned.


“Ok, no jokes...tell me, what happened? Were you ragged?” he asked with slight anger at whoever had made his daughter upset...but calmed down as she shook her head “No dad...i was not ragged...actually yeah, i was...” she said as he looked on with a confused look “I hate this city!” she wailed as Shashi came and sat next to her


“Paayu...stop beating around the bush...tell me, what happened at Uni?” he asked her with seriousness as she closed her eyes and said in an irritated voice “This idiot had the gall to kiss me as I walked inside the campus...i'm sure it was a stupid bet or something...but still...he..” she started saying when she heard a loud “What!” from Shashi


“Who is that B*****d? Did you get his name? I'm going and complaining about him right away....how dare he!” he started saying when payal held his hand “Daad!...see I knew you will react this way...relax, he ran away...but I know exactly how he looks, next time i see that jerk, I will mince him with my bare hands!” she said as Shashi got up and picked up his phone


“No..you are not going to that University...however good it is...I don't want you anywhere near such sick people” he said as payal plucked the phone out of his hands “Dad!...please calm down...you have high BP, the last thing i want is to admit you!” she said with exasperation as she made him sit down


“Dad...you taught Ritwik and me to be strong and independent na? So why should we change our paths to avoid such people?...This University is best in West India dad...and i really want to study here....trust me, he seemed harmless...and a total coward for running away from there...I can handle such people...you just concentrate on your work ok” she said as shashi smiled at her softly


“When did my babu grow up so quickly?!” he asked as payal wound her arms around her fathers and leaned her head on his shoulders “Well, one of us had to...”she giggled as shashi laughed and ruffled her hair. He really was blessed with his kids...and for that, he thanks his love every single day.


..........................



“Baal baal bach gaye yaar! (Thank God we got saved!) ” Amandeep said as they met up with Akash at their usual cafe outside campus...the entire gang was in a state of shock as the girl had started screaming her head off, scaring all of them from reacting in any way...let alone go to Akash's rescue “Oh shut up!” akash said as he pushed his coffee away


“You all are such wuss's!” he said as the others looked at him and then looked down “I should never have done it...it must have been so humiliating for her” he said as Imran piped in “Oye! Adarsh ka putla (statue of righteousness)...it was you who wanted to prove your prowess!...you could have always backed out...but no! Aaksh Singh Raizada is not a coward!” he said mimicking Akash who gave him a death glare


“Par kuch bhi bol...ladki thi bohot mast yaar! Total pataka! (But that girl was too hot! Total firecracker!) ” Amandeep said as akash bristled “Once again..shut the f**k up guys! Just leave her alone ok...I'm as it is feeling so bad for what I did!” he sighed as one of the other boys spoke up “Dude! You should be worried about her complaining about you...not how bad you are feeling right now...when did you become such a girl?!” he said as Akash looked up dreamily


“Since I looked into her gorgeous eyes man!” he said as the rest of the gang gaped at him...he laughed at their expression as he finished his coffee “Yep...I have to make up for what i did...starting tomorrow...” he said cryptically as the other looked at each other, wondering what Akash was going to do to pacify the girl he royally miffed today



..........................



Khushi stopped in her tracks as she heard his words....the pain behind them very poignant...she slowly turned around and looked at arnav who was looking at her with regret and pain evident in his eyes... “I'm not going to justify why I said those things and what I did...because I vaguely remember that night...In fact i can't seem to place it very well” he said as khushi stood rooted.


“I wish i could remember it, but i'm also glad that i don't because knowing you now...being your friend, i would never be able to face you...for the simple fact that i hurt you so much that day"  he said with regret as he walked towards her with Khushi stepping forward too “And i know that just a simple apology won't be enough...especially not after what you just told me” he said as he closed his eyes


“But...i'm sorry Khushi...I said such horrible things to you that night....but that was how I was Khushi...I was judgmental...I was bitter and resentful about a lot of things then...my ego...my pride...these were my vices...and still are to some extent” he said as he opened his eyes...khushi felt her heart squeeze tight...she could hear the pain in his voice and it made her want to wrap her arms around him and comfort him...despite everything


“But I would like to say this Khushi...you are amazing...and whatever anyone says to you...even a first class moron like me...never forget that you are an amazing and wonderful woman...and I am so glad that you are part of GR....I don't think...” arnav was still speaking when he felt her wrap her arms around his neck and pull him closer, pressing her soft lips to his...gently


The act was so bizarre and sudden, that it took him a moment to register what had happened...and before he could react in some way, he felt her pulling away...her eyes reflecting the shock at her action...but the built up desire to kiss her, taste her, hold her was so strong...that arnav did not think of anything else as he pulled her towards him and claimed her lips again...this time with a passionate hunger that was repressed for all this time


Khushi who was too shocked to think straight, panicked as she realized what she had just done...she had meant to hug him and kiss him on his cheek...for all the wonderful things he spoke for her...to reassure him that she never hated him...never could hate him...but her mind refused to co-operate as she gazed at his lips...wondering how they would be against her...and she lost the will...she lost the restraint she had held for all this time...something which she did not even realize she had felt...not to this maddening extent


But when she had started pulling away, he had pulled her back to him...and she could not mistake the blatant desire in his eyes...something that was easily reflected in her own...and she gave in...she felt her heart thunder as his lips coaxed hers...sucking them, nipping her soft delicate ones as if the unleashed hunger could never be satiated.


Arnav felt her respond to his kiss eagerly as she splayed her fingers into his hair, holding on to him as his hand held her delicate neck while the other roamed over her back....she whimpered as he lightly bit her bottom lip, making her open her mouth to receive him...a moan escaping both as their tongues made contact, the heat and taste of each other making their blood sing..


But just as soon as it had begun in the right sense, Khushi came crashing back to earth...the reality of what was happening hit her as she pulled out of arnav's embrace and pushed herself away from him...leaving him confused for a second before he too realized what she had.


Arnav ran a hand through his tousled hair as he tried to gain composure after that soul searing kiss he had shared with khushi...hell, they had kissed...and how. He looked up to see her walking towards her table and bracing her hands on the edges of it...she too was trying to come to terms with what had happened between them.


“Khushi...” she heard him say huskily...she knew if she turned towards him and looked into his eyes, they would reflect the same unfulfilled desire that was surging through her right now...but she had to nip this and knew he too was thinking of the same thing. She turned around to see him looking at her with an unreadable expression and before he could say anything she spoke up


“Sorry Arnav...this shouldn't have happened...we both know that it was a mistake...I...I was overwhelmed by the things you said about me...and I was upset remembering that day...and also I...I mean, these things happen...we shouldn't pay too much heed to it...this will only ruin what we have built so far...” she started saying when Arnav held up his hand


“Its ok Khushi...you don't need to explain yourself...I myself can't understand what took over me...yes, this will ruin everything...we can't let it affect our professional or personal equation...you are right, these things happen...emotions were high and....lets just forget what happened ok” he said as khushi nodded...her heart hurting at the fact that he did not even refute anything...maybe she was thinking too much into this....but she knew that such raw, passionate kisses are not because of some loose emotions and scattered thoughts...but it was right to let it go.


“Great...that's settled then...lets not let this get any more weirder ok..” she said with a small smile as arnav nodded....his fists clenched in regret and something skin to hurt...her indifference to the matter got him upset, but he did not let it show...they were right to not over-think this...but why did it feel so wrong?


He looked on as khushi said a quick good buy and scampered off before giving him another look over her shoulder as she left her cabin....how much ever they pretended...he knew that things would never be the same between them...and somehow that thought made him feel lighter and happier instead of making him worry..like this was the turning point he was waiting for...but as promised, he would not pursue it further...just like she won't.

33 comments:

  1. Awesome update !
    Atlast the past misunderstanding or whatever it was is clear now ...
    N yaay ! We got 1st arhi kiss here... N just its just the beggining ..
    M liking this teeny Payal n eager to read her chemistry with Akash ..
    Btw loved the update !
    Waiting for more ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally Finally Finally!!!
    They kissed!!
    Nice update yaar...
    I was surprised the way Arnav read her so accurately...
    start of something special....
    Waiting eagerly for the next update...
    do update soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing update!!!

    They finally kissed woop woop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee!!! They kissed...and what a kiss!!!
    Seeing the spunk Payal has I bet she is not going to make things easy for Akash. That will be fun.
    Good update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG RT!!
    U updated!AND TO TOP IT OFF :ARSHI FIRST KISS!!' <3
    Thnk god Khushi told him wat happnd in the past wif them! After ages im reading a "kiss" update..and i must tell u..i feel WOW after reading it!
    PlZz update daily..i love reading ur work..btw u changed the title?Cool though
    -06Pallavi (frm now on ill b posting as 06ArshiLover!dnt forget me huh!:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what an amazing update Arati :) Loved it totally... Yeah, right, "but as promised, he would not pursue it further...just like she won't." - famous last words ;)

    I am so glad that Khushi finally told him where & how they had met before, at least, now Arnav knows their painful past...

    What a sizzling kiss, am glad that they both realize that the kiss was not a casual kiss, there were deep underlaying emotions behind that kiss

    And the best part was that they were both hurt to see the other right it off as something meaningless :)

    Hope we get to see more of these... When will we get to see the penthouse dammit ;)

    Payal & Aakash seem such a cute pair, Payal the firecracker is so endearing, poor Aakash has no idea what he's taken on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally they kissed..yayyy!!
    Oh naw....indifference is the thing that can't be bearable...
    Wanna see ArShi & Payash chemistry blooming...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...loved it...happy that she told about her painful past to him and all is well now and his apology was sweet, definetly anyone would kisshim...and the kiss was just awww...loved it...it was beautiful...so every equation would change now and am excited to see how these two are going to work together with the crackling chemistry....
    so payal is a fire cracker...poor akash wish him well...
    update soon...pretty please....
    yush

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg! wasnt expecting that!
    wasnt expecting khuhsi to tell him the truth!
    but loved every bit of it

    ReplyDelete
  10. i so so so badly wanted Arnav n Khushi s bond to move forward.. was really eager...finally goin a step ahead :D
    i was feelin pace has been really slow wid them in this story...

    Payash!! he he :D but loved Shashi-payal <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chap 17 first kiss! Heheh!!

    But morons can't accept it! :p but that is how their character is built up so true to their stance they would now try not to dig in! But destiny and Aars have their own plan you see ;-)

    It was really sweet the way he asked and just literally poured out what ever was happening within her and infront of him!

    She trying her best to avoid but in the end Asr is Asr gets what he wants finally telling it out and he understanding it and not trying to justify! Aww

    She feeling humbled by his confessions and the unexpected kiss! But him indulging in it was expected!! It had to had to happen! :D

    Aww payash! So now both the brothers have fallen for the sisters? (Future sisters)I love the shashi-payal bond! Its a unique dad-daughter bond! Lovely man!


    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yipee!!! They finally kissed...
    great going with this FF... its so different than the others you've written.... I'm really liking it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg kmg this is an amzing update first of all mu cleared j mean that past thjng btw them im sooo happy. N second gooosh THEY KISSED kmg I cant believe it great super great

    I hope nw they try to jnderstand each other I hope they stll be gud friends n slowy .... hmmmm

    As for payash ahahaha work gna start sooon gud luck akash.

    Amazjng update

    IF CHEVAL

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was simply awesome. Loved their kiss, beautifully written. Thanks for the pm. I have been stalking all the chapters except 17. Beautiful work! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know why these people, arnav and khushi, they think too much!
    Why they have to be so much controlled??

    anyways, it good that they shared the past.. its a new beginning for them.
    very nice update. really enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. rti, this is fabulous, amazing.. loved it totally. well, now we have 3 pairs, which is gonna b first? garishi, payash? i think last would b arshi...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....i like Garishi :) cause Sharima sounds a bit odd :P
      And all three will progress together...tho Arshi have already begun...in a way ;P

      Delete
  17. Brilliant!! A kiss was so unexpected.... but was so hot!!
    I am so glad Khushi told Arnav about the reason for her resentment... now there is nothing hidden between them..
    not even their desires.... lets see at what point they will stop pretending that there is nothing between them....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just started reading your FF and so far, I've LOVED it. I would love to read further :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. great update. but howcome ive stopped getting email notifications. this story is going great guns

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome update.. They kissed Oh my God! But their egos won't let them admit their feelings.lets see how far they'll go.
    And Akashi is smitten with an angry wildcat. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  21. finally he found out about their first meeting
    but wow the explosive kiss
    no matter how much they deny that the kiss meant anything
    it did and now the attraction will only mount

    ReplyDelete
  22. A wonderful update, Aarti :)
    Liked that K was candid about their previous not-so-pleasant encounter, and, his heartfelt apology was touching...so the desire which has been simmering finally gave way...Arnav feeling happier and lighter knowing that the dynamics have changed made me grin...and, still contemplates that he would not pursue it further, just like her...will that be likely?
    Payal is a dauntless and spunky..cannot wait for her face-off with Akash..and, await next with immense eagerness..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome update... Both of them are disappointed that the kiss didnt mean much to the other....?!? Only if they new better.... N given their passion and chemistry and how explosive the kiss was, it wont be long before they give up pretending that the kiss was nothing.
    Aakash wants to make it up to Payal.... thats definitely going to be a lot harder than he would ever expected and only possible if Payal doesnt kill him first.... She seems perfectly capable of it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. hahaha these two...kabhi nahi sudarega. I liked Shashi and his kids. Also the equation between Payal and Akash is also interesting. You are giving much space for each character to perform and I like it.

    Shashi Garima scene was also superb. Man I didn't feel like reading the love or attraction of a more than middle-aged couple. Lol. U r something! :)

    Arnav and Kushi hmm so finally Arnav knows and he doesn't even remember the incident.

    Both doesn't want to forget the kiss yet, they won't agree it in the open too. What I am wondering is, if Kushi had not spoken up first, what would have Arnav said????? I really wanna know at least through Arnav's thoughts. Actually always in such scenes before one oculd reply, the other would pipe in sayin this doesn't matter, and the other will also agree hiding the feelings. I just want to know what will happen in contrary.

    Her father is dead. Good. My God Sheetal said because Arnav loved her he.....hahahahaha....ROFL!

    But it is very tiring for Kushi now to be suspected for this murder too.

    I have a personal opinion. I feel Garima was a failure as a mother. Not because she couldn't get Kushi a father, but she couldn't give Kushi a mother too. I hate Garima because of this in the story and the romantic scene, though I liked it and also Shashi and her thought about Kushi never getting the lvoe of a father, but that reminded me of the fact, Kushi never had a mother too. The kind of love and affection Lakshmi amma showed to her, Kushi likes that and needs that in her life. Kushi lacked love and that framed this rough exterior of hers. But dil se vo vulnerable hai, soft hai, zindagi se expect karna bhi chahthi hoon. But nobody gave her the assurance or guided her or showered love and portection.

    Her grandmother could inspire her. Her first live-in man could give her company. But the real Kushi was always alone. I hope Arnav is able to fill that gap in her life.

    Is there a past to Arnav too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...i was wondering who would get the Garima angle....see in this FF, Khushi is more Garima's mom than Garima is her'....m not saying she loves her any less, but Garima was too blindly in Love with Arun to understand her daughter or other's around her...
      Things will be different now...shashi will bring out her feistiness...something that was missing with Arun....you'll see in the subsequent updates :)
      Also...not past as such for Arnav...just a lonely teenage and responsibilities...but both Arnav and Khushi will fill that void eventually...
      xx

      Delete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Read all chapter's in one go...
    This is amazing... The way u give importance to each character & space to perform is wonderful...
    Each n every emotion , every relation looks crystal.
    And finally they kissed...!!!!! N that too for my shocking Kushi approached first ... WOW!!!! This time they let the emotions to rule them... forgetting about the ego, pride, n bitterness... This is going to be interesting now...
    Thanks for the PM sweet heart.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice update...
    Arnav and Khushi both are highly affected by the kiss..and the kiss helped them to realize that their attraction is not one-sided...
    i am loving this Shashi....
    I guess that the man was Khushi's ex...
    Jealous Arnav is always fun...but eagerly waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome update. Good to see both the raizada brothers regretting what they did. Wonder wat akash s planning to make up with payal. Arhi's first kiss, great.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice. Both in denial even after the kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW!mind blowing kiss bt da misunderstanding spoilt it. Hope dey realise dey have strong feelings each other.

    ReplyDelete