Khushi rolled her eyes at her phone screen as yet another of
her calls to Arnav went unanswered. She texted him once again as her fingers
ran expertly over the keypad ‘Need to
talk.Urgent’…she pressed the send button and leaned back in her chair and
wondered what was going on
She knew that things would be awkward between them post the
kissing episode, yes…that is what she would call it…a complete mad reaction to
something so potent..But now, she was finding it difficult to understand Arnav’s
behavior since yesterday afternoon after he himself had made her feel
comfortable about the entire thing.
She smiled as she remembered their conversation in the
warehouse and how she had confessed to being stupid about the aftermath and reaction
to their sudden intimacy…she was partly relieved that Arnav had not made a huge
deal out of it and things had seemed to go back to normal
But she was also partly upset that it had been so easy for
him to term the entire thing as something insignificant and to be forgotten
about…but isn’t that what she wanted as well? She closed her eyes and felt like
pulling at her hair as images from that day kept flashing in her mind…she did
not have time for all this!
She went back to her laptop as she glanced at her phone,
wondering for the umpteenth time why Arnav was ignoring her…or was he really so
busy that he forgot to even say a bye to her yesterday when she was supposed to
catch a ride with him…but instead , had vanished before she could even look
around for him.
She had not thought so much into it, assuming that he must
have had some important work for which he left so hastily…plus she wanted to
spend some time with someone else who had come all the way to meet her as soon
as he landed in Mumbai…so she had texted Arnav informing him of taking the day
off, and had only got a ‘Fine’ as a
reply from him later on in the day
When she had finally gotten back home after tons of gol-gappas
at Elco and a total Bollywood flick at the cinemas, she had called Arnav to
check with him on some work, but he had not picked her calls…even now, since
morning she was trying to reach him…only to once again not get any reply from
him.
She turned her phone away in annoyance and had just managed
to get back to her mails when there was a knock on her door and in walked the
very man she was looking forward to meeting today….especially since it was such
an important thing they had to discuss
“Moti! Are you actually working? Look at you sitting all
pretty and posh behind this huge desk…” he said as Khushi grinned like a child “Shut
up Motu! I’m not a geek like you…so obviously I’ll looks posh and pretty!” she
said with a huge smile, her earlier morose mood changing as he came and sat on
the couch
Khushi got up and went to sit next to him “So?? Did you get
em?” she asked him excitedly when he nodded and took out a box from the bag he
was carrying….He opened the box as Khushi pounced on the stuff lying inside it “Oh…these
are so beautiful! Thanks so much for taking my opinion motu…I’m really very
touched” khushi said as her eyes filled up with the gesture
“Don’t be silly! Who else would I have asked sweetheart?” he
said as he pulled her in a tight hug, which khushi returned smiling…but it took
her a second or so to realize that the person she had been thinking about since
the past 48 hours was standing there watching her as she hugged a man on her
couch.
“Arnav?” Khushi said as she quickly pulled out of the hug
and stood up, only to get an icy stare from him “I’m sorry…guess I’m
interrupting…” he said and turned around as Khushi came towards him and laid
her hand on his arm “Arnav…please don’t be silly…do come in” she said as arnav
closed his eyes for a minute before turning around to meet her confused eyes
He watched as the man on the couch got up and smiled at him….the
only thing registering in his mind were the words spoken by the same man…calling
Khushi his sweetheart…but why was this affecting him so much! It was anyways becoming
impossible for him to act normally with Khushi after the kiss and then when he had
seen her hug this man yesterday; his usually logical brain had been whirring in
non-stop motion
He knew it was juvenile of him to just walk out of the
warehouse yesterday without informing Khushi, but something had snapped inside
him and he had not wanted to stay for even a minute. All he knew was that he
had to go away from there…and did so, successfully ignoring khushi’s calls and
texts…till just a few minutes ago his rational brain had finally made a
comeback
He knew he had jumped to conclusions as always, and had
thought of the situation in a completely different way, thinking that the guy was
probably just a good friend or something…so he had made himself think that it
did not make a difference to him and that whatever happens, Khushi and him had
to maintain a professional outlook …so he had come to make amends and not think
too much into what he saw yesterday
But this…what he saw…what he heard now…it felt like a bloody
full circle…back to square one! “Arnav…is everything ok?” Khushi asked him
bringing him out of his thoughts as the tall man came sauntering towards him “Hi…we
have not been introduced…Khushi told me about you yesterday, but unfortunately
I could not meet you since you had already left” he said as Arnav nodded
stiffly
“Uh yes…I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce you, this is…”
Khushi said as arnav shook his head “Its
fine Khushi…I did not know you had a visitor…I’ll come by later” he said in a
stiff voice as his eyes went to the colorful stuff lying on the coffee table…Khushi
saw arnav’s eyes dart suddenly to the seating area and she smiled as Arnav
looked confused
“Wedding cards…we need to decide on a design today…” she
said with an impish smile at the other man which had arnav fuming inside…. He looked
on at the foolishly smiling pair and was in two minds…one to shake khushi and
ask her what the hell was going on! Why was she selecting wedding cards with
this man…and the other part of him wanted to punch this guys perfect pearly
whites out..
“Yes, I had to take her opinion…obviously!” the man said as
Arnav gave one last look in his direction before stunning Khushi with a
freezing look…something she had never expected to ever get from Arnav…but
before she could question him for his mood, he turned around and swiftly walked
out from her cabin . Leaving the other two occupants bewildered and highly confused.
Shashi Dinkaran was a happy man…he could easily say that
about himself as his driver drove his car around the Gupta mansion and maneuvered
around the guesthouse. The car came to a stop as Shashi thanked the driver and
instructed him to come by next day at sharp 8am. He walked to the house as a
sudden flash of green made him look on his left towards the path leading to the
garden
There she was, running around with her hands full of saplings…he
gave his bag to the help who was assigned to the guesthouse and divested
himself of his coat and tie; but something made him step back outside the door
and head towards the garden…following the same path he had seen her take
Garima…since the time he had met her, something about her
had made his heart beat faster; he knew it had been a long time since his wife
had passed away, and it wasn’t like he had not taken an interest in other
women, hell he had even wanted to marry again just for his kids sake…but
something had stopped him from such a commitment and since then no woman had
come even close to make him feel anything for them…his entire life had been dedicated to his kids and his work
But something about this woman, had touched a chord in him…and
that something was so potent that he never even realized that his feet had taken
him to the entrance of the green house which sat isolated around the end of the
vast garden…he could see her pottering about with the new saplings as she
cleaned and filled up little pots with wet mud and manure
“Are those Geraniums?” he asked her rather loudly, his deep
voice resonating in the closed space, making Garima shriek in fear as her
vision took in the man standing in front of her “Mr Dinkaran…you gave me a
fright” she said with a muddy hand clutching the kurta over her heart as Shashi
quickly came towards her and gestured at it
“Oh No!” she said as she took of her gloves and wet a clean
tissue to wipe off the mud “No…don’t do that” Shashi said as she looked up, her
eyes full of questions and something else…"Huh?” she asked him as he gave her a
dazzling smile “If you rub the mud with that rag, it will only go in deeper…you
need to soak that in soapy water…the mud will come off on its own” he said as
she looked on with wide eyes
“Wha? How do you know that?...I mean, I did not expect…”she
stared saying when he smiled deeply…the dimples in his chin digging in giving
him a boyish look “ A man to know all this? Well…I was pretty handy around the
house...especially when my wife was pregnant…more like a slave, if you ask me…”
he said as Garima gave him a small smile “and then after she passed away, I had
to be a full time slave for my kids…not that I’m complaining” he said as her
smile turned sad
“I’m so sorry…” she said as he held up his hand “Don’t be…I will
always cherish my time with her…I tend to remember all the good times we had…as
a couple, as a family…it keeps her memory bright and happy in our lives” he
said as Garima gave him a warm smile as nodded “Yes, I suppose that is what we
are left with” she said as shashi looked at her curiously but did not probe
further...he had no idea why he had spoken about his wife to her…but something
about her presence had made him feel very comfortable around her
"Anyways…would you like my help with the plants? I’m pretty
good with gardening as well” he said as she shook her head “Thanks,I’m nearly
done here…but I will keep this little tit-bit in mind and let you know the next
time I need any help” she said as he nodded and smiled at her before saying a
quick goodbye, leaving her with her plants.
Garima stood in the same position watching him leave’ a part
of her wanted to call him back and make an excuse to make him stay back and
help her…why she had no idea…it was wrong of her to think of another man in
such a way when she was in mourning for her husband’s death…she did not
understand what had gotten into her as such thoughts assailed her mind…and what
amazed her the most was that she had flirted…something which she had not done
ever in her life…she had done today…what was going on with her!
Arnav paced around his office as Lavanya rattled on about
his pending meetings….it had been 15 minutes since he had left Khushi’s cabin,
again without any explanation...God only knows what she had thought of him…but
it serves her right…how dare she not tell him about her wedding! And that kiss?
She had responded to that...had in fact wanted it as much as he did…then what
was going on here!
“ASR ? Did you hear what I said?” Lavanya asked him as he
glared at her “No Lavanya…I did not hear you! Does it look like I’m listening
to you?” he said as Lavanya looked on in amusement at him “Ooook….should I come
back in sometime? Cause clearly something is bothering you” she said as arnav
have her another glare “Yes…come back in 10 minutes…I…I….just come back later”
he said as Lavanya quickly made herself sparse leaving Arnav on his own in his
cabin
He was still pacing about when he heard the cabin door open a minute later “I told you Lavanya…” he said
as he spun around to give his PA a earful, when he shut his mouth and a hurt
glare replaced his anger as he saw Khushi standing inside his cabin closing the
door “What do you want Khushi?” he asked her rudely as she folded her arms and
stared him down
“Answers Arnav..I need answers” she said as he chuckled
mirthlessly “Really? For what? Did you finally get some time off from your
personal errands?” he asked her as she looked at him with blazing eyes “Mr
Arnav Singh Raizada…who the hell do you think you are? How can you be so rude
to someone? First you ignore my calls since yesterday and now…do you know how embarrassing
your behavior was in my cabin few minutes ago?" she asked him as he smirked at
her
“Oh really? Sorry if I disappointed your guy…but frankly you
can browse through your wedding cards and have your romantic talks outside of
this office…I do not tolerate such things in the office…and its goes for
everyone…even you!” he said as Khushi’s eyes turned huge with total
bewilderment written all over them.
“What? hold on…what the hell are you on about?” she asked
him as arnav came and stood in front of her “Really? You are going to act all
innocent now are you? How could you Khushi…how could you not tell me that you
are getting married? How can you…that day….God!” he said with annoyance as
Khushi thinned her lips
“Arnav…when did I introduce Akhil to you as MY fiancĂ©? And do
you really think I won’t inform you about my wedding? Are you that daft to
think that such a thing will remain unwritten about and secret with the media
hounding me down after the Sujoy thing? Seriously! I really don’t understand
you at all…one moment you are this amazing guy who supports me and helps me through
my tough time and the other minute you are this insensitive jerk who jumps to
conclusions without having a second thought!” she said as arnav looked on with
a growing sense of unease
“You know what! I’m fed up with this Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
persona’s of yours…you really think so low of me? that I would have kissed you
if I was involved with someone else to this extent!...I’ve had it Arnav…Akhil
is my cousin, my maasi’s son…he is getting married to his girlfriend…I don’t
even know why I’m explaining all this to you…” she said as she spun around from
him not wanting him to see her moist eyes when he caught her wrist and pulled
her flush against him…before crushing her lips mercilessly under his.
Stalking everyday! Hahahahaha....finally u updated...
ReplyDeleteArnav is J for Khushi's guy...ROFL!!
Awwww....luvd Garima-Shahi's part...dat was sweet..:)
Oo Mm Gee!! They kissed again...nd arnav started it...jealousy ka asar to dikhega hi na..:-D
Put Payal-Akash also in it yaar...there story should also be moving naa...;)
AGAIN COMPLAINING YOU RT,,,M NOT GETTING MAILS FOR UR UPDATE...PLS PLS PLS RPLY TO THIS COMMENT TO LET ME KNOW WHATS HAPPENING...
-CutieSanaya from IF.
OMGGGG !!
ReplyDeleteWHAAAT JST HAPNDD !! MR ARNAAV SINGH RAIZADAA IS FREAAAAAAAKIN JEAAAAALOUS AND DID HE JST KISSSS HRRR...EEEEEEEEEEEEKSS !!
Wow......that's lovely update......Arnav is real jerk.......n I'm sure he won't confess abt his jealousy to her...... Loved shashi n gareema interaction......
ReplyDeletePls
Pls
UPDATE NEXT PART SOON
Awwww, I lurved that kissssss <3
ReplyDeletePoor Arnav, is such a goner lol He is frigging JEALOUS!!!! I love it <3
Hope Khushi gets the message that there's a lot more to Arnav's feelings than he is letting on...
Of course, he is now going to kiss & make up... Nice!!
Gaarima & Shashi also feeling the attraction... Does Shashi know who Garima is?? I have a feeling he doesn't...
-- Pixiegirl
Amazing update I like garima and shashi part
ReplyDeleteAnd arnav's J part
khushi and arnav will kiss again OMG that will be fun to read
Very nice update ... You are such a beautiful writer. Eagerly waiting for the next update :)
ReplyDeleteThanks heaps,
Bharti
Oh my the passion is kicking in the jealousy works it sooooooooooo does
ReplyDeleteand aww Shashi and Garima are flirting hahah
Loved the update!!
oh god WHYYYYYY WHYYYY THIS CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteok so i loved the jealous arnav and we all know khushi will forgive him, his anger gets the worse out of him!
poor cousin of hers'
i was expecting him to be a best friend
but cousins a safe play!!!
so happy he kissed her! NOW PLEASE BOTH OF THEM NO 'NAMING' IT AS A MISTAKE!!!
ASR IS IN HIS SENSES!
*sigh* loved it!
wow....he is J
ReplyDeleteJealous arnav is soo nice.. I love him. The timing for the kiss was perfect. It can explain everything without words. Love it
ReplyDeleteArnav ..Gosh ..he is an idiot...when he is he going to learn that he should not come into conclusions without thinking??
ReplyDeleteAnd they kissed again!!..the first kiss they tried to dismiss it with some lame excuses...what reason will Arnav make for the second kiss??
And now sparks between Garima and Shashi..first you gave us a rabbaave moment between G and S in the earlier chapter and now the love for plants...looks G and S have some of the traits that our very own Arnav and Khushi had in IPKKND..
Now this is what I call an amazin update! So Arnav couldn't help but kiss her again? Oh oh oh! THis is going to be so much fun!
ReplyDelete:D
-Arshi21
Hehe ! Well i dont blame Arnav ... Mind really goes on vaccation in these situation n unfortunately heart has no mind...
ReplyDeleteSo they kissed again ...erm.. More precisely Arnav kissed again for now...its gud that they r giving their heart an overtime by their eventual kisses.;-) though its kiss out of frustration i m excited here to know its repercussions ...
Shashi - Garima scene was sweet..
I want more n more Arhi so i dint miss Akash n Payal ..but i also dont dislike them so i like to read abt them also..
Overall update was as usual nice..m still not getting why dont i get the mails inspite of the fact that i follow this blog...
Btw thnx 4 the lovely update..
Waiting 4 more..
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei knew it that it was her cousin.loved arnav's possessiveness. aww they kissed again.
ReplyDeleteamazing update.... arnav jealous So he is angry and try to ignore khushi and she didn't like this ignore and try to catch him and she missed him...but in the last he kissed her again :))) plzzzzzzzzz update it soon
ReplyDeletenice update..but at end again they kiss each other ..now what going to be their explanation again?
ReplyDeleteAgain Arnav messed it up!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat the hell is wrong with him????? How can he jump into conclusion without even asking with Kushi...
I wonder how he has become a big tycoon with his judgmental & impatience behavior...
And again they kissed.... How Arnav is gonna explain it to her now?????? waiting..
RT!!Im soo angry at u:( been stalking this ff everyday yr!and no update until 14th!But ur forgiven cos u gave a amazing update especially at the end :P but zat too on cliffhanger??Naughty huh!Plzzz update today itself..cant wait for more!!
ReplyDeleteLoved Shashi and garima bit!oohh shashi's dhak dhak too!:PP again update sooon yr...plzzzzzz
(06Arshilover)
Cheval:
ReplyDeleteOMG ... ASR IS JEALOUS ALREADY Ahahah pooor him always going through conclusion without knwing the truth. Hmmmm bt nw they kiss again wat will kushi do hmmm omg I soo love them ...
I hope lavanya dnt come ahahahah interrupting their little moments eheheh.
As for garima n sashi hmmmm they r tooo cute both falling for each other. Lol ahahah sashi still doesnt knw who she is ...
Plz update mooore soooon
I stalk this blog SOOO much that even Google told me, " We have seen much activity from this server." LOL!!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, keep up the fab work!! Waiting for an update!!
Finally u updated!! Stalk karke pagal horahi thi!!! But the update was worth it! Loved it! But cliff hanger! Pls try and update before you go on holiday! Will be most grateful! I just loved their confrontation! Arnav needs some sense put in him! Good khushi is giving him a piece of her mind.
ReplyDeleteJealous, huh?!.... sweet!sweet! Sweet!.....aaaahhhhhh! He kissed her again! :) now I hope khushi knws d first kiss wasn't something to forget neither a mistake! ... ah, Arnav I like ur style! ;)
ReplyDeleteGarima & Shashi love story running parellel, huh! Dats d first evr in d FAn Fictiondom of Ipkknd...
Wow...grt update. Jealous Arnav is soooo romantic and he kissed her again yeaaa... Now they both should realise some mistakes are not meant to be forgotten!!! Garima and Shashi's part is really going well.
ReplyDeletePlz plz update next part soon..
Arnav's anger and jealousy clouds his rational thinking...am glad that Khushi gave him a earful, and, he came up with the very-clichéd act of making amends. would love to know, what plausible reply, this very convoluted guy, comes up with...
ReplyDeleteS&G- the attraction is evident...loving the progression of both the relationships...and, you left us on tenterhooks to contemplate what ensues!! hope, the next update is enroute..soon!!
Good update.
ReplyDeleteJealous Arnav was very amusing. Expected an innocent explanation about the new entry....but then Arnav will be Arnav. He brain goes hairwire where Khushi is concerned.
I quite like Shashi and Garima. I think they will be good together.
Write more soon, please.
great chapter possessive and jealous asr
ReplyDeleteleft us in cliffhanger, what happened after the kiss? cant wait to read please update soon (laksh65)
I have been waiting and waiting and waiting and then u give us this AWESOME piece..... Well Worth the wait!!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless!! And continue writing such amazing stuff!!
arnav is really a jerk sometimes!
ReplyDeletealways comes to conclusion without second thought and what way of expressing it! khushi should have scolded him more.. he deserves some real hard time from her..
or has he become so insecure about khushi that his logic has stopped working??
anyways, wait for next part is going to be tough. Pls update soon.
well dere goes another cliffhanger....
ReplyDeletewat d...
d insecure arnav as usual lashin out on khusji...md jumping on conclusions....why is it like dis....:'(
nd gud khushi will put him right....but d kiss?!!!!!!!?
nd its refreashin to c shashi nd garima's romance...thou d identity crises still remain....
plz update soon?!!!
wanna now dere respective reactions!!!!!!
ahh!!!! the last line was the cheery on top!!! loved the entire update immensely!!!
ReplyDeleteno wait!! you didn't just end it on a kiss did you? I would love for this chapter to have been a weeeeee bit longer. Enough for us to get our fill of arnav kissing khushi. bas!
ReplyDeleteNow that was torture. Finally, an update and a very good one :) Why or why did you have to end it with a kiss :D
ReplyDelete~Angie~
I cannot believe I'm two updates late! But thank god I am! Now off to read the next one iska comments too will put it up on the next chapter :p
ReplyDeleteHeights of insecurity and J I tell you! And J Arnav is always fun :p
Cheers
One thing I love about your Khushi is that she let's Arnav have it well and truly. She's not one to shy b away and she called Arnav out on his bad behavior! Hopefully she'll keep doing that as and when Arnav has another chance to misunderstand her.
ReplyDeleteGreat update, love that you left us with a torrid kiss!
Wow... cant believe you ended it there...!!! A jealous Arnav clearly cant think rationally... Im glad Khushi cleared things up....
ReplyDeleteAs for Garima and Shashi... They were adorable...
Loved it
Awww Arnav is seething wid jealously...he is so quick to jump to conclusions....hmmm he kisses....marvelous.
ReplyDelete