“Did
you know that you look gorgeous when you sneeze?” Akash said as
Payal wrinkled her nose at him...she sneezed again into her
handkerchief before glaring at him “That was not even remotely
romantic Akash!....and how can someone look good when they sneeze?”
she asked him as he shrugged his shoulders
“I
don't know...the way your entire face scrunches up and your nose gets
all red and puffy...its cute...but you always look gorgeous, so...”
he said as Payal slapped his arm that was currently around her
shoulder as they sat in the small cafe off the university campus
These
few days had gotten them so close that it was hard to believe that
Payal had almost hated him on their first meeting...there was
something about him...that macho exterior which he showed to
everyone, when she was the only one who could see the boyish
innocence in him...his eyes...they spoke volumes yet had not
completely opened up to her...as if he feared something; she hoped he
will let her in soon..
Because
believe it or not...pigs did fly and Payal Shashi Dinkaran was
falling fast for the most unlikely boy she had ever imagined herself
falling for....she loved the little things he did for her....like
mixing the cane sugar in her coffee and stirring it for her...her
name written randomly in his notebooks...something she had found out
completely by chance...
The
whole new feeling of being secured in his arms....something she had
never experienced except when she was with her family...So, for once
in her life...she had let go of the usual caution that she maintains
with everyone and had embraced whatever life threw her way...
“Hey!
Where are you lost babe?” Akash asked his beautiful girlfriend as
she seemed to be staring away into space...he saw her look at him for
a second before smiling that beautiful smile of hers that always made
him think that the world was a much better place now...
“Nothing...Just,
some stuff at home....” she said as he raised his eyebrow... “What
stuff? All ok at home right?” he asked her mildly curious when she
nodded and looked his way again “Yeah, everything good...in fact, I
need to share something with you...” she said as she took a deep
breath “See...the thing is...my dad...I think he is dating some
woman” she said as Akash looked on wide-eyed
“What?
Its just a hunch...but i see him smiling all the time...especially
when he gets someone's texts...and he walks a lot...like he is always
out of the house right after dinner...once I even saw him leaning
against our upstairs gallery and laughing and giggling...I mean,
which grown man...old man that too, giggles!” she said and blew her
bangs that kept coming over her forehead
Akash
snorted to keep his laugher at bay which made payal glare at him
again as his face broke into a huge smile before he doubled over
laughing... “Akash! This is not funny....there is a potential
step-mother that might join our family soon! And what if she brings
in step-siblings for us? What if dad suddenly stops loving us” she
whined as Akash pulled her closer and dropped a quick peck on her
frowning lips
“Stop
being a drama queen my cinderella! First you need to analyze how you
feel about him dating someone...someone, who like you said might be a
potential step-mother..” he said as she closed her eyes and sighed
“I don't know....see its weird that I was the one who encouraged
him to get back into the game...you know, like date and find someone
for himself...and now when he might be doing just that...I can't help
but worry” she said as Akash smiled at her
“Babe...its
his life too you know...just like we are dating and he may or may not
have an issue with it, you too should analyze what you feel of this
new phase in your dad's life...remember this payal...once you and
your brother get into your own lives...he will be all alone...he too
deserves to be with someone he can spend the rest of his life
with...plus he's not that old! So why don't you cross the 'evil
step-mother' bridge when you come to it?” he asked her as she
nodded and snuggled in closer into him
“Hmm...you
are right...and for all you know, i'm just imagining this...maybe
there is nothing there....and if there is, I'll deal with it when its
in front of me....” she said as Akash gave her a thumbs up, lifting
the corners of her mouth “Yeah...and trust me, speculating will get
you no where! Ask me...i've been trying to work out which new damsel
bhai is dating since he too seems to be all secret texts and odd
smiles” he said as Payal looked on confused
“Bhai?
Who's that? Your cousin or something?” she asked with curiosity as
Akash nearly bit his tongue off at the slip “Uh...yeah, kind
of....one of my cousins...anyways, lets not get into all that....you
tell me how your preparation for the exams are going?” he asked her
as payal got into a detailed explanation of how she had planned her
study schedule while akash kept finding himself getting deeper and
deeper in the hole he had dug for himself.
....................................
“So
how is work going beta? I heard you and Khushi are working extra hard
on that French project?” Yudhisthir Raizada asked his grandson as
they ate their lunch in the latter's cabin, a roast chicken salad for
Arnav and Butter garlic naan with extra-buttery butter chicken for his
grandfather
Arnav
smiled as he saw his dadaji enjoy his forbidden food “Its going
well...Khushi is very hardworking and she's giving her best to this
project...if everything goes well, it will open a whole new
international market for us” Arnav said as the older Raizada licked
his finger making Arnav chuckle
“You
do know that Bua will first shoot me and then skin you alive if she
knows i'm feeding you this right?” Arnav said gesturing towards his
nearly empty plate...well, empty except for the chicken
bones...Yudhisthir laughed loudly as Arnav shook his head “Arre
beta...if it was up to your bua, she would keep me alive on my
medicines only...at least your dadi was good...and your mother even
better...she used to sneak me all the yummy delicacies she made” he
said as both went back to those times...when things were much simpler
“So...Khushi...she seems like such a wonderful person...I always liked her and i'm glad you both are doing so well...in fact, just last week I suggested Mr Khanna's son, Vikram for her...” he said as Arnav stopped his fork mid-way...not quite understating what his grandfather was on about
“Suggested?
For what?” Arnav asked as his heartbeats started beating very
fast..the food that he was enjoying just a minute ago felt like tar
now “For her hand...she is very much of marriageable age, plus Mr
Khanna was asking about her during one of our club meetings...they
have been actively looking for a bride for their son and he wanted to
know what I thought about Khushi...since, you know...we know her
personally” he said as Arnav kept his salad bowl down
“And
what did you say?” Arnav asked him as his grandfather shrugged his
shoulders...completely oblivious to the turmoil that was raging in
his grandson's eyes “Well, I told him all good things off
course...and then even connected him with Shaliniji...who by the way,
seemed very glad about the rishta...so, maybe we will be hearing the
shenai soon!” he said chuckling before adding “You better finish
your project before that...you know how Indian brides get, don't
you?” he said as Arnav took a deep swig of his water and got up to
go and stand by his window
“Where
are you lost Arnav?” his grandfather called out to him as he
continued to stare out with a fire raging in his chest and hands
clenched by his sides... “Are you upset that I'm not putting any
effort in your marriage?” Yudhisthir asked him as he got up and
burped loudly...making Arnav turn back with confused eyes “My
marriage? You mean...mine and...” he started asking before his
grandfather cut him
“Yeah,
yours and Seema's...” he said as Arnav looked on in confusion
“Seema? Seema who? What are you taking about....” he started
saying when someone knocked on his door making them both look towards
it as Khushi stepped in “Mr Raizada....sorry I was busy with some
work so did not get to join you for lunch as decided...how have you
been?” Khushi asked as she walked in with a sunny smile
Yudhisthir
Raizada observed the beautiful young lady in front of him before
giving a quick look at his grandson who seemed to be looking anywhere
but at her...a tortured look in his eyes as he averted his gaze and
looked back towards the windows...something very fascinating catching
his eyes for sure
“Khushi
beta...i'm very well...don't worry about it...we'll do dinner
sometime...in fact, your grandmother has called all of us next week
at your home...” he said as Khushi nodded “Oh yes, she did
mention it few days ago...she's coming back today from her tour”
Khushi informed him as he nodded and gestured her to sit next to him
on the couch while arnav stood rigidly at the window making Khushi
wonder what was wrong with him
“So
anyways, before you came in...I was telling Arnav, how I found the
most wonderful life partner for him...” he started as Khushi felt
all the color draining out of her...the slight blush that had marred
her perfectly smooth cheeks a second ago got displaced with a ghostly
white as his grandfather continued to speak “Seema Jadeja is just
the perfect woman for Arnav...and I know her family since quite some
time...I was just discussing this with Arnav when you came in” he
said as Arnav finally turned around
“Dadaji...can
we talk about this later?” he said as his dadaji gave him a
reproachful look “Arnav, don't be shy...its only Khushi and she's
like family now...so as I was saying, at least meet the girl
first...am i right Khushi?” Yudhisthir turned towards khushi who
looked like she was about to faint
“Khushi?
Are you ok? You don't look so well” he said as Khushi picked up a
glass of water from the table and gulped it down...Arnav too turned
concerned eyes towards her as she looked away from him “I'm
ok...just feeling a little under the weather...” she said as Arnav
came near to them “You should go and rest in the penthouse
Khushi...I'll call for some medicine...” he started saying when she
got up on wobbly feet and looked right at him
“I
am perfectly fine Arnav...you need not worry for me...” she said
before turning towards his grandfather “I'll take your leave now Mr
Raizada...I really do have a lot of work to do today...hope you
enjoyed your lunch” she said with a smile that did not quite reach
her eyes “Oh yes! The food was wonderful....but unfortunately I
don't get to eat all this at home...hopefully my new bahu will make
it for me..right Arnav? I have heard Seema is quite a cook!” he
said as Arnav glared at him while Khushi looked away
“Anyways...I
too better leave now...I've taken enough of Arnav's time today” he
said as khushi smiled at him and nodded “Yeah, me too...see you
soon though” she said as she bid her goodbye without even looking
once at Arnav...she walked straight out of his cabin...her throat too
constricted to speak, her eyes tired holding in the moisture and her
heart breaking into pieces.
...............................
As
soon as Yudhisthir Raizada got into the lift on the 7th
floor, Arnav turned on his heels to go and meet Khushi...He wasn't
sure how he could go and explain his complete lack of denial to what
his grandfather was talking about...but the truth was that he
respected his grandfather too much to outright deny what he was
suggesting, though deny he would.Period. But he still wasn't sure
what Khushi felt for him...
But
the way she reacted to what was being said in his cabin, he was
hoping his assumptions were correct...he could not wait any longer
now...there was too much at stake; the way his grandfather was going
on about that Khanna guy, it wouldn't be too long now that her
grandmother would bring it up...putting her in a fix....for the first
time in his life, Arnav felt like he was too close to losing
something so precious in his life that he would cease to exist if he
did
He
quickened his steps and barged inside Khushi's cabin, only to find it
empty...he walked to the en-suite and knocked when the door opened
and Aman came running inside “ASR? Khushi mam is not
her...she...left...” he said as Arnav scrunched his eyebrows “She
left?.....when? She was here a minute ago...” he said as Aman shook
his head “No...I mean, I think she has gone to the penthouse....she
didn't seem well” he said as Arnav without replying to him walked
briskly back to the elevators before punching in his card to the top
floor
He
hardly wasted a second before he rushed into the apartment and called
out to Khushi...only to find her standing at the kitchen counter with
her palms holding onto the edge of it...her body went stiff as she
heard his voice, but she did not turn around as he made his way up to
her “Khushi?” he called out softly as she moved away from him,
still not facing him
“Khushi...i'm
sorry....I could not say anything to dadaji at that point...I respect
him too much to straightway rebuff him..but I will....you just....”
he said as she turned around making him stop midway....he felt his
heart clutch painfully as he saw her reddened eyes...her cheeks a
witness to the streams of tears that had run down their downy path...
“Shit...I'm sorry baby...I made you cry” he said as he pulled her
stiff body to him and ran his hands down her back relaxing her...he
felt her resist at first before giving in and holding him tight...her
shoulders shook as she cried into his chest
“Shh...Khushi....sweetheart,
please....stop....No one can take your place in my life...please...I
can't see you cry” he said as he felt his eyes fill up for her
sorrow....she pulled back from him before holding his face in her
hands “I love you” she said as he stared at her as if he was
facing an alternate reality....he knew she had strong feelings for
him..and here he had come to confess his feelings and hope to God
that she felt something closer to what he did..but those three words
she uttered made him feel as if he was dreaming... “What?” he
asked her as if in a daze when she left him and moved away from him
sighing
“I
know, you might not have wanted to hear this Arnav....but I can't
keep it inside any longer...I was a person who was always in control
of my feelings....I never let anything and anyone affect me....maybe
it was because I saw the true face of relationships very early in my
life...if my own father could abandon me, why will anyone else want
me?...this is what I always told myself and stayed away from forming
lasting relationships...” she said as her eyes teared up again
“Then
you came in to my life...we started off on quite the wrong foot...but
that first time I met you in the club, and the kind of impression you
had about me, I don't know...I wanted to prove you wrong...that look
in your eyes haunted me all those years...” she started saying when
Arnav shook his head and came forward “and then I met you
again...but under completely different circumstances...I really did
not know where things would lead to, but whatever happened was
inevitable” she said as Arnav kept looking at her....his heart
beating in a tandem
“I
resisted you Arnav....I kept telling myself that this should not
happen...because I knew that with you, it wouldn't be that easy to
let go....and I now know that I was right....that I can never let
go...” she said as she wiped her tears making Arnav want to take
her in his arms but he waited...she had to get everything out
“I
fell for you Arnav...and it wasn't that difficult...you were my only
pillar of hope in my darkest time...and you continue to stand tall
for me...but i'm not sure if I deserve it...and maybe that was why I
did not want the world to know about us...the investigation was just
a ruse...because I myself wasn't sure if you should be with someone
who is as emotionally challenged as me....” she said as Arnav took
a deep breath....of all the stupid things this girl could think of
“Khushi...” he said as she once again flashed her eyes at him
“No...your
grandfather is right...You deserve someone better than
me...that...that Seema, seems like the perfect woman for you...and
i'm sorry I blurted out my feelings for you....but I...I could not
pretend anymore....I'm not a martyr who would sacrifice my love for
someone I don't know...but I want you to think very clearly about
what you want...and I will not keep anything against you if you..if
you...” she started saying when Arnav pulled her to him startling
her as she held his shoulders to balance herself
“Shut
up Khushi....I have heard enough from you...now let me tell you what
I think” he said as she continued to look into his eyes that were
now blazing fire “How dare you tell me to leave you and go to
someone I have never even met or have no intention of ever
meeting...how dare you assume what I feel for you...how dare you
think that after confessing what you feel for me, I will leave you
and go...how dare you Khushi!” he said as his voice went up a few
notches
“Don't
you have any idea what I feel for you? All this time with me and you
assume that my feelings for you are so fickle...that one day you tell
me that you love me and the next moment ask me to 'think' about
leaving you?...you are right Khushi Gupta...you are an emotional mess
and I'm a fool to be with you...” he said as she closed her eyes to
stop the tears from flowing out
“But
you are my emotional mess....and I'll be a bigger fool if I let you
go without telling you what I really feel for you....so here it is
Khushi....something that I have been dying to get out since the past
few days....something which I know I would only tell someone I was
very sure to spend the rest of my life with....” he said as khushi
opened her eyes to only gasp at the tenderness she saw in his eyes
making her heart flutter aimlessly
“I
love you....I love you so much that I cannot envision a second being
away from you....every night I sleep with your thoughts in my
mind...remembering every little thing that you said or did in the day
and in the morning I wake up with the sole purpose of seeing you
again...to make new memories with you....there is no one who has a
hold over my heart like you do and there never will be....” he said
as she looked up in awe as her cheeks flushed with the beautiful red
color that he adored
“Be
mine Khushi...forever...” he said as she smiled before pulling down
his face for a much needed kiss...a kiss of love....a kiss of
life....a kiss of being together forever....As their tongues met to
taste the sweetness of each other, their hearts finally beat as
one
Khushi smiled against his lips as he pulled her closer still
before she angled her head to look at him “You really love me?”
she asked him shyly as if she could not belive it “Its not that
difficult you know....” he said as he rubbed his nose with
her's“What isn't?” she asked as he sighed and kissed her lightly
“Loving you” he said before hugging her tightly to his body as
her arms wound around him...possessively...in love.
finally they have confesses it....is Arnav Dadaji is just playing or he was serious about it
ReplyDeletethey really needed a puss to confess,,, atleast Khushi needed
what about this Akash ,,, they both are falling for each other but he has started his relationship with lie,,,,, their future will get some hurdles for sure
now its time that ArHi confess to their family about their relationship too
loved the update
Neag
(india-forums)
awww how sweet, both of them got jealous and hurt which led to their confession
ReplyDeleteAww! Lovely update! Without knowing dadaji helped them convey their hearts!
ReplyDeleteThey had actually planned to but only were waiting for the right moment! What better moment than this?
Such a lovely confession from both side! Both were equally good! I cannot choose which is better!
Loved ith and enjoyed it thoroughly!
Payal hmm you definitely need an akash in life! There will be a small no huge rift due to the deceit but still he's the only one who can pour some sense into your brain! He's matured enough to handle you!
Cheers
wow finally Arnav and Khushi confesses their love to each other
ReplyDeleteI am thinking Arnav's grandfather is very sneaky, he did this intentonally
I loved this. Had been stalking this page for days. Finally, the most awaited confession.
ReplyDeleteI had never thought Kushi would be the first one to open up. But now it makes a lot of sense. I liked the way Arnav handled the situation and Kushi too how she expressed her mind and heart together. It was simply beautiful.
Was Y trying to play cupid? Who the hell is Seema?!
Akash and Payal's moment was beautiful. For the first time I liked it. Why do I have a feeling that Payal would come to know the truth of Akash as soon as she faces Shashi's love? Or does he already know?!
I liked the way she explained Shashi's state. The toughness I expected from Kushi's side is reflected from Payal. I understand now why. Garima was rarely there for Kushi, for her to 'depend' on her as Garima was always emotionally fragile and dependant on others. It is not because of Kushi's father alone but her mother's incapability to be her mother and support was also a reason for Kushi to grow up so fast and be such an emotional mess. When her father left her, her mother was busy in self-pity that she forgot to give the assurance to Kushi that she is wanted. Instead she was packed off to boarding school. I have not expressed this before, but I am letting you know now, that I hate Garima, as a mother.
But Shashi was an exceptional father and Payal has enjoyed his love and care and know what she is going to lose or have to share with some other woman and her kids. But Kushi has not received that amount of love from Garima, and so there was no need for insecurity like Payal who actually have to share something, while Garima never gave her anything which Kushi has now to share with Shashi!
I am feeling so bitter towards Garima in this update. I don't hate her, as a woman. But she is a total failure as a mother and in some ways as a human being. As a woman and individual she has all rights to fall in love and enjoy that experience. She has the right to feel hurt when her husband wronged her. But she was stupid to hope that he will turn and wallow in her hope and self-pity while ignoring her role as a mother and making Kushi so insecure as she is today. She never helped in developing Kushi emotionally, or physically.
I feel so bad because in this update I realized why Kushi could accept the fact that her mother was dating easily with Payal's reaction and also because I saw and heard the emotional imbalance that seems to be in Kushi when she talked with Arnav. How she was insecure and didn't want to spoil Arnav's chance at happiness and hence didn't go public about them. It showed me how selfish Garima has been although her life. Kushi always saw her mother as a doll or child that needed to be handled with care and a doll or child that she loved. So she was happy for her mother as she would be happy if her sister gets a new life. She doesn't feel Garima as her mother or so I think. But Payal is thinking of losing her 'father' while Garima had never been a 'mother' to Kushi. I would hate Garima more, if she loves and takes care of Payal and Ritvik like a mother should, something she denied her own child. I will hate her million time more than I hate her now.
Finally, the confession!!! Loved the update. All i wanted to say has already been said in the posts above. Will keep stalking ur page for further updates :D
ReplyDeleteSarahjac (IF)
Yay finally!!!! They admitted there love for one another so romantic!!! V.well written... Thank you for updating i dont know how many times i have been refreshing this page to see if you have updated.... Thank you now desperately waiting for the next update...xX Aziii....xX
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely declaration of love. Dadaji seems to have been the catalyst who brought this about. The conniving old man. Now hat will hapen?
ReplyDeleteWaiting or the next update.
IF(1chilly)
Woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe grand finale of confession....loved it...:*
I guess Arnav's grandfather is playing a prank on Arnav to let him speak out his feelings.. :P
And even Payash part is awesome.u write every part beautifully..loved it... :)
Beautiful confession! Really well written chapter as usual!
ReplyDeleteamazing update....thanks alot for arnav grandfather... he made them finally confession there love for each other...
ReplyDeleteWow finally confessed and instead of Arnav initiating the proposal Kushi did it. Waiting for them to anounce the news to their families with out procrastination to avoid unnecessary problems.
ReplyDeleteAww they finally confessed. I so loved it, unprepared confession but was too good. Me too think grandpa did it on purpose. Can't wait to read what happens next.
ReplyDeleteSo payal has her doubts about her father seeing someone. I don't want this whole situation to become a mess with step dad, step mom etc. hope nothing bad happens.
RT (IF - napk)
Finally the confession is out there and beautifully written !
ReplyDeleteAwesome. So romantic! Loved it!
ReplyDeleteSiamesecat IF
Hey A, I just got back reading the last two updates...whoa..what all happened! I loved Aman asking Khushi about her opinion on the ring..Arnav's concern for Khushi is too too high and makes him too good to be true...Tripthi and Sanjay I hope they are good and genuine...Arnav's dadji really gave quite a blow to the couple but that was very very necessary else these two stubborn people wont make a move...Payal and Akash was awesome and cute..Payal sharing her thoughts about her dad's dating was something nice and personal. The way Akash chilled her fears too was beautiful..am loving this couple very much!
ReplyDeleteAh confession at last!
ReplyDeleteShud we thank Yudi? Damn yes! Crafty old man. .
Heyy , i'm a new reader ! I just finished reading all the chapters and i must say this one one brilliant piece of work.
ReplyDeleteI have read all..yup , all your FFs and m a fan of your FFs since long..
Now i finally finished reading the 39 chaps of this one , and i have to say its just excellent !
Can't wait for the next chapter now..
IF Username (Arshi-Nikita123)
Cheval
ReplyDeleteFinally the confessed awesome love it
When are you updating next? Its been 2 weeks and im addicted to reading this ff sooooooo good plz continue i literally check this blog everyday to see whethet you updated and you havent yet:( please update soon x
ReplyDeleteWhether
ReplyDeletevery interesting chapter..
ReplyDeleteloved it..
please continue soon..
Waiting for an update for so long......
ReplyDelete