Friday, 23 August 2013

Chapter 33




Garima yawned widely as she opened her drowsy eyes and squinted towards the thin ray of light that was coming from her bedroom window; she stretched a bit before getting up from her bed yawning again as the exhaustion from last night's function caught up with her. She rubbed her eyes and picked up a glass of water from her bedside table and sipped on it...her thoughts in turmoil as events of last night swirled in her mind ....


The night of the engagement

“Seriously Shashi, I feel like a teenager sneaking about...” Garima said softly as she entered the small terrace off the first floor corridor...she was busy entertaining guests when her phone had buzzed in her hand with Shashi's message for meeting her in the upstairs terrace garden.


She had discreetly checked up on her family who were busy with different tasks and had slowly made her way up...the anticipation and excitement of finally being near him was making her nervous as she made her way up, her heart thudding audibly in her chest.


She had been very happy to see him after so many days as they had avoided meeting personally after the accident...they had glanced at each other on odd occasions when she was in Garden or he was walking up the pathway to his home...but both had kept their distance due to someone or the other's presence around them...now that they had accepted having feelings for each other...things had become a little bit awkward between them, making them aware of each other in a way they never were before.


She was disappointed when she had not gotten to spend time with him during the party....but she could feel his gaze burning into her as he kept it trained on her all night...she smiled shyly as she made her way towards the end of the garden where Shashi stood looking dashing in his three piece suit, his hair wavy and free of the usually gelled look.


“Well, you certainly look like one today” Shashi said as he extended his hand and made her stand next to him at the large marble railing, they both faced each other as happiness and satisfaction of finally being in each others company shone bright on their faces


“You are a charmer aren't you Mr Dinkaran” Garima said as she laughed and wondered where this natural talent of flirting had come to her...she looked up to see Shashi gaze intently at her, his eyes soft but dark as he held her hand more tightly in his...he gently bought her hand to his lips and caressed his lips softly on her knuckles before letting it go


Garima didn't realize that she had held her breath all this time as a long forgotten feeling started developing deep within her...she blushed as she twisted her long deep mauve sari in her hand while she glanced shyly at the man who was continuously on her thoughts now a days “How are you now Garima? I can't believe that we are meeting after so long...” he sighed as he turned towards her


“I'm better now...my hand, that is...is much better...thanks to Khushi and ma who did not let me do anything!” she said with exasperation as Shashi smiled at her “Thats good...you need someone to take care of you....you have taken enough care of everyone...” he said in a serious voice as Garima's breath hitched...she wondered if his words had a deeper meaning to them, but he had quickly averted his eyes after saying that.


“Garima...I....I need to ask you something” he said as she nodded and waited for him to continue “I want to do this properly....I mean, I want to court you...but not before we tell your family and mine about it....we are both adults who know what they want in life...at least I know what I want” he said as his eyes smoldered with an unknown feeling “But, I want to know when you will be ready to...to accept us...officially” he asked her as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes


“I know Shashi...I know you are waiting patiently...and I too don't want to keep playing this hide and seek game anymore...but the situation is still very delicate...with Arnav's friend getting involved in the investigation, things are looking better...but I cannot risk bringing you into it...especially when with you, both Payal and Ritwik will also be dragged in” she said as Shashi came towards her and enveloped her in a sideways hug...he held her hand as she rested her head on his shoulder


“I understand Garima...we'll wait, I just hope all this gets sorted out soon...and you are right, I can't be selfish...not when my children are involved...but I just wish I could be with you like this..” he said as he turned his face and kissed her hair “We will be...soon” she said as she looked up into his eyes...their faces inches apart...but they broke away as they heard some voices nearby, springing apart quickly “See! This is what I mean...teenagers!” she said as Shashi shook his head and laughed


They walked besides each other to leave the terrace and had just stepped out when they saw a door opening, which Garima could make out was Khushi's...she stepped further into the corridor to check who was coming out of it when her eyes widened taking in Arnav's form emerging from the shadows...she pushed Shashi back towards the terrace as she saw Arnav look back at the door and smile before walking down


They waited as after a few seconds, Khushi walked out of her room and locked it before making her way down stairs...both of them unaware of Shashi and Garima's gaze on them....Garima could see that Khushi's hairdo was different then earlier, which only proved one point to her...somehow her dazed mind did not register anything else...she turned towards Shashi who stood staring at her with guilty eyes and a barely controlled smile “Guess I was right...” he said as she looked on in shock



Present Day

That was yesterday...when she had come down a minute later, both had acted as if they were nothing but colleagues...though Garima observed both of them like a hawk. When Arnav's bua questioned him about his whereabouts, he had easily told her that he had come in half an hour ago...but due to an important phone call he had gone out to take the call.


She had let it go last night after talking to Shashi who had told her about how he thought they were together, but had not felt it his place to inform her about the same...she had shushed him saying that he should have told her sooner...she had started wondering how she should approach his topic when Shashi had calmly told her to let it be...he said that when Khushi wanted, she will come and speak about it herself....after all she would be a hypocrite if she confronted Khushi about the same.


So she will wait...she trusted her daughter and knew that she was responsible and mature enough to handle any relationship...but she just hoped that for her sake, no one else had figured out what Shashi so effortlessly had...she sighed as she started getting ready for school, her mind still full of yesterdays's fuzzy feelings and shocking truths.



.........................................



“No..I don't like this texture...we need to try some other combination” Khushi said as she swiveled around in her chair in the fifth floor workshop...they were working on various unique fabrics that D'blanc had hinted at working on and Khushi being Khushi, had got the team to work alongside Gupta Mills to produce the same.


She looked on exasperated at the swatches of rejected material lay on the table while everyone flitted about trying to work out something that would appeal D'blanc....she eyed her tea which had now gone tepid as once again her gaze went to the large door towards the end of the room...she looked away irritated that Arnav had still not come down, even after her repeated messages to him


When she had come in early morning, a silly smile lighting up her face as she remembered the wild passionate moments she had spent with Arnav...she knew she had made the rules for keeping up a professional outlook at work, but she could hardly wait to see him in the morning...his early morning mandatory 'Good morning' message had kept up her jubilant mood, taking her mind off the nearby lurking disturbing thoughts about the murder case


But when she had reached office, she was informed that Arnav was busy with their CFO and legal team to work out a few kinks that the new contract seemed to have...she had called him to ask if he would like her to join in, but he had asked her not to worry and that he will come and meet her in a few minutes...that was 3 hours ago!


Since then she had finished her morning mails and had come into the workshop when their design team had informed her of the new samples arrival...she had texted Arnav at least three times now to come there for them to approve the fabrics...but his 'gimme a min' and 'just a sec babe' had been the limit...where was he!


“Sorry, i'm late...what did i miss?” Arnav barged in just as Khushi came out of her thoughts...all her angry thoughts vanished into thin air as she took in a fill of him...he too gave her a wink making sure that no one was noticing and sat down next to her at the table.


“Hey...sorry, I kept you waiting” he said softly as khushi gave him an annoyed look “Its ok...at least you are here now...” she said as she looked at his tired face....his eyes looked red and his face had taken on a gaunt look all of a sudden “Arnav....are you feeling all right?” she asked as she held his hand under the table, only to gasp at the heat coming off it


“Khushi...that...” Arnav started saying when Khushi jumped out of her seat... “Guys, lets take a break...I need to discuss something with Mr Raizada in private...we'll meet here back after lunch” Khushi said as she gestured arnav to follow her out...everyone took a sigh of relief and rushed out before they were subjected to Arnav's wrath as well for the sub-standard work as khushi had put it


“Khushi...wait” Arnav said as khushi pursed her lips and walked to the elevators.. “Not a word Arnav...” she said as they stepped into the elevator....she pressed the penthouse button as Arnav protested “I have another meeting with the supplier in few minutes” Arnav said as Khushi looked at him angrily making him shut his mouth at once


Once they stepped out to the penthouse floor, khushi hardly wasted a minute to open the door and usher him inside...she made him sit on the couch as she took off her heels and went to the kitchen to fetch the first aid box...she pulled out a thermometer and plonked it into Arnav's mouth with a stern look as he tried to protest


“You will not talk Arnav...not till I get your temperature...what is the meaning of coming to office with such a high-fever...I did not even need to touch your forehead to check...your hands were burning!...and in all this you sat for three hours in a meeting!” she said as Arnav tried to chuckle, but kept his mouth shut owing to the thermometer


As the minute came to an end, khushi checked the mercury line and widened her eyes while looking at arnav with concern...he put her palm on Arnav's forehead and gasped once again as she registered the heat emanating from him “102...Arnav....I...get up...you need to rest” she said as she pulled him up and led him to the bedroom downstairs... “Khushi....stop fussing....i'm fine” arnav said as a delicious warmth sizzled all over his body at her concern for him


“No Arnav....you will not say anything...do you even know what 102 is! I'm going to call in the doctor to get you checked..” she said as she took his coat off and pulled away his tie “Damn...I can't even kiss you now...did you have to strip me khushi?” he asked her as she continued to unbutton his shirt, her hands trembling as an unknown fear enveloped her


“Hey...hey...i;m fine....baby please” Arnav said as khushi looked up with moist eyes “I know you'll be fine Arnav...but I...I just get a bit nervous when someone I lo...I mean, someone who I care about falls ill...its just this phobia I have” she said hoping to God that Arnav had not heard her slip of tongue....what was she about to say just now?...her unstable mental state had started acting up on her


But Arnav had heard her slip and it had made his already racing heart thud loudly against his chest...Khushi had said something which was plaguing him since last night....after he had left her home, all he had done all night was think about her...how she fit perfectly in his life, how being with her gave him the peace and satisfaction that he had always craved for...how he could not imagine being without her even more than a minute....what did it all mean?


He wasn't a bitter person to not believe in Love...but he had never felt anything this strongly for any other woman before...hell, he had never felt like this for any other person before....he could imagine himself living away from his Dadaji and Akash and bua...but somehow he could not imagine a life without Khushi...he craved to be with her every single second of the day....he wanted to see her every night before he slept and every morning as he woke up


This same thought had kept him awake all night...and this thought had made him walk into his garden late at night in the blitzing rain....he did not know how long he had stayed like that staring at the night sky as every moment spent with Khushi flashed before his eyes...it was too soon, his mind said...too soon to feel something so deep for someone...but his heart...his heart had recognized her the minute he had laid eyes on her at day in the hotel


When he had finally gotten back inside, he was shivering with cold and had immediately changed into dry clothes and slept....amazingly sleep had come to him quickly, as if he had finally solved the puzzle that had been nagging him all these days...but then morning had come with an acute body ache and high fever.


He had ignored his health and had still come to office...just so he could see her...but the damn contract had kept him busy...and he was glad, glad that he had come...otherwise he would have never had the pleasure to see khushi's care and love towards him...because that's what it was...even if she pretended not to acknowledge it...he knew she felt it as deep as he did...and he'll wait for her to accept this fact...and he will make sure that the stubborn girl sees sense


He had not even realized that all the time had had been thinking about what she had said, Khushi had already helped him into a a soft t-shirt and got him into bed...she had spoken to the doctor who had advised her to give him two crocins with a glass of milk and then make him sleep to get his temperature down...she had also got some cold water compress ready


“Hmm...that feels good” Arnav said as Khushi covered his heated forehead with cold soaked cloth...he had gulped down the glass of milk in one go with the tablets lest she scold him again and had laid down immediately as she fussed about adjusting the double blankets around him and tucking him in snugly as he gazed up lovingly at her...a tiny smile finally rested on her lips as she changed the compress and replaced it with a new one


“Do you know the last time someone did this for me?” he asked her as she shook her head “My ma...i don't remember much but I have a vague memory of her doing the exact same thing ..” he said as he closed his eyes at her loving touch, his body already feeling better just being in her vicinity


“I'm sorry Arnav...it must have been very painful for you to lose both your parents” she said softly as he groggily opened his eyes, the lethargy and sickness making him drowsy “Its ok Khushi...It was a long time ago...” he said as he held her hand over the blankets “I never thought you would be the fussy nurse types” he said with a chuckle as she hit him lightly on his hand


“I did not know it myself...but lately after mom had that fall and now you, with this fever...I suppose my nurse instincts are coming out....I never really had anyone to care about earlier” she said as she gazed down at his handsome face...her eyes bright as he tightened his hold on her hand “Lay down with me?” he asked her as she nodded and snuggled into him over the blankets


They stayed like that as arnav quietly slipped into a dreamless sleep with khushi keeping an eye on him....she smiled as his erratic breathing became normal while she caressed his hair...his temperature too seemed to have come down from before...she kissed him lightly on his forehead as she once again questioned her feelings for him..she had gotten in too deep now...and somehow for the first time, she did not mind..in fact she wanted to fall in more and more.

17 comments:

  1. Such a sweet update!

    Both the love birds aspect I mean!

    Shashi wants to wed Garima? Aww atleast one of them is certain and fast! :D

    So muma n papa saw daughters lil rendezvous, not the whole but could definitely put two n two together as four! Heheh! I hope mama doesn't have an issue I know mama is caring n hence worrying but alls good I'm assuming otherwise!

    And khushi being that lovely better half treating him and understanding him! Her slip making sure in a way its confessed n he feeling positive now with his feelings towards her too!

    He was thinking about her n that's why he got drenched n then the fever! Aww but a nurse n lovely khushi is always sweet n good!

    Looking forward for what's next, I know this is the calm before the storm as its too sweet you normally tend to give the blast when we least expect it :p

    Cheers

    Twilightstar_JP
    having some trouble posting thru my id :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God, it was Garima and shashi who saw them together.
    Anyways, they are also having a very sweet late-love-life..

    Good update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! Problem solved! Loved the update! N yay I'm first on the blog :D

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. just amazing...they become more closer and cant leave each other

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheval

    Awww so sweeeeeet. Arshi is tooo cute.. pooor asr is sick bt he is so lucky tonget a cute nurse a caring one.

    Woooow sashi ask garima eheheheh to cute cnt wait to see th em annonce it ... bt them seekng arshii omg eheheheh ... I knw it was sashi bt garima oh oh

    Cnt wait fkr next

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute update ...love is def in d air

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the way Khushi took care of Arnav !
    Love is in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love is crazy right? :-) Garima too had some stolen moments with Shashi..quite cool Garima...and I appreciate Shashi for being a gentleman...I laughed reading about Garima's shock seeing Arnav coming out from Khushi's room..he he...

    Arnav-Khushi their relationship is blooming beyond the physical love...ah! the fussy, protective, caring part of love is good to read..but do that exist in real life? I wonder..am not bitter but anyways, reading about it always lifts my mood..

    ReplyDelete
  9. when will she accept that she loves him,,,,,, Arnav already knew his feeling,,, anf funny thing he also knew about feeling also but she is truely a stubborn women as Arnav said.....

    loved the update

    Neag
    (india-forums)

    hope to get one update only for them......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha. .. same boat mother n daughter. .
    Wise Shashi...
    Sick Arnav
    Caring Khushi
    ....... thank god, changed garima

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww Garima and Shashi are truely like teenagers and phew only they saw Arshi

    Im glad Arnav fell ill cuz it brought Khushi's feelings to her lips unknowingly

    loved the update

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful update! Thanks for the pm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved it...was amazing...khushis love n caring side...Garima n shashi too...waiting for next update

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are one amazing writer :) love your stories...emotions...romance...mystery...sub kuch is so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am late here :( well wat a lovely chapter yaar.... loved loved loved it <3 <3
    The way she nursed him.. the way he had been al night in rain... tht warm feeling envelopin them... for me its my fav 'after effects after first lovemakin' of RT... I was awwwwwwwwww all the way!!

    n tht too to Shashi n garima to see it... they themselves hiding their relation was such a moment! They r a lovely couple too....

    this is one of my fav chapters :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. shashi thanks for coming in garima's life. khushi you are too deeply in love with arnav. loved how khushi took care of arnav.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hope silly gal realize her feeling soon

    ReplyDelete