“So
you will meet me there?” Arnav asked as he adjusted the phone
in his hands while his other hand went to hold the elevator doors
which were rapidly closing....he had just gotten back to office after
a very difficult meeting with some of their raw material suppliers,
the same one who would be working with them for the D'Blanc
account....the samples for Paris were nearly ready, but the entire
week had been grueling with too many loose ends to cover.
Today
was the main event for R&S, where the new line with Drita was
going to be launched at the IFW; he knew he should have been at the
venue ages ago, but this meeting had cropped up at the last
minute...Thank God for Lavanya who had managed to get everything in
order...the rest of the team was already at the venue, waiting for
Arnav to reach and give his final approval for the show.
“Yes
Arnav...in fact i'm on my way now, it will take me an hour at least
to reach there but don't worry I'll reach well before the show”
Khushi spoke on the phone as a visibly relaxed arnav leaned back
against the cool chrome of the lift “Ok babe...your voice is
cutting off....in the lift, call me when you get there” he said
as Khushi's voice got completely cut off
He
smiled as he shut his phone off and waited for the elevator to reach
his penthouse apartment. The event was being held in the suburbs and
he thought it best to get ready here to avoid the traffic which he
would face if he went all the way to his house in town. He reached
his floor and walked into his apartment, too engrossed to realize
that the lights were on inside.
As
he walked to his room...he felt her scent along the way....he has got
to stop hallucinating....this last week had been torturous as both he
and khushi had hardly got any time together....the show and the
impending meeting with D'Blanc in three days had taken up all their
time not letting them spend even a second with each other alone...he
could see the longing in Khushi's eyes as well, making him want to
tear his hair off in frustration.
He
sighed as he started taking off his coat and vest before attacking
his tie...there wasn't much time and a quick shower was the only
respite he had from the tiring day...he smiled as he thought of the
upcoming trip where he and Khushi would finally get some time on
their own...his fingers went to his first button when he felt
someone's footsteps outside his room.
He
quickly turned around the see the knob to his door turning....his
reflexes kicked in as he lunged towards the door and opened it at
once, making the person behind it stumble right into his arms...
“Arnav!” khushi said as he held her in his arms...his eyes
shocked to find her there, in his room “Khushi?” he said
as joy and elation spread through his body on finding her there.
“Yes,
me...Khushi! Here I thought I will surprise you..and...” she
said as arnav pulled her closer to him and smashed his lips on hers
hungrily....her shocked yelp was swallowed by him as he thrust his
tongue along her lips making her open them with a surrendering
moan...she held him by his shoulders as his hand travelled over her
back...her bare back he realized as he suddenly stopped kissing her
and took a step away to look at her...making her groan in protest
“Wow!”
he said as she blushed under his gaze...
“Khushi....you...look...” he said as she twirled for him,
a heady happy feeling humming in her blood as she reveled under his
smoldering gaze....he came towards her and turned her around to
admire her back....his breath hitched as he ran his knuckles over the
smooth silky skin...left bare from neck to lower back...the modest
looking dress from the front, a cover-up for the daring bareness at
the back [see pic below]
“I
so wish we didn't have to go right now....” he said as he wound
his hands around her waist and pulled her back to him...he rested his
chin on her shoulder as he left small kisses along her long neck
“Arnav....you need to get ready....we need to leave in fifteen
minutes tops!” she said as her body trembled “If you
wanted me to leave in fifteen minutes, then you should not have come
her...especially wearing that!” he said as he huffed and
tightened his hold on her
“I
wanted to be with you today Arnav....I know how stressful these few
days have been...” she said as he smiled and kissed her
lingeringly on the centre of her back before leaving her....she
turned around in his arms and started undoing his buttons “Thanks
khushi....you do know how much this mean to me right?” he said
tucking a wayward strand behind her ear as she continued to unbutton
his shirt
“I
know...that's why i'm here...now please, go and shower...I can't keep
undressing you like this....otherwise...” she said as he leaned
towards her touching her nose with his “otherwise?” he
asked huskily as she smiled and looked up “Otherwise we really
will miss out on the show...now go!” she said as he chuckled
and nodded....he turned to walk towards his bathroom as she picked up
his discarded clothes...the scene making him yearn for her more.
“Oh
and Arnav...” she called out, as he looked at her from the
bathroom door “I...I don't have to go home tonight....It might
get late...so....I have informed them about my staying back at the
hotel, just in case” she said as arnav felt himself grinning
from ear to ear...he nodded at her once before walking eagerly into
his bathroom....Khushi felt herself go red all over at the way he
looked and smirked at her before going inside...making her shiver at
what his eyes promised.
...............................
“Garima?”
Shashi said as he caught up with her outside the mansion...she had
just returned from school as it was their annual day today....she was
tired and exhausted from the entire days activity and smiling at
sponsors...plus the fact that her personal life was in such a turmoil
had made her more forlorn and by the end of the day her perfectly
fine composure had fallen apart in her car on the way back, with a
slight headache throbbing at her left temple.
But
the sight of him walking towards her had undone her some more as she
felt her heart beat increase...what was it about him that attracted
her to him? It was a similar feeling she had experienced with Arun at
the start of their relationship...but then all that had ended quite
suddenly once his charms had fallen away...but Shashi was the only
other man who had made her want to explore those feelings again...but
such fanciful thought were only for fools.
She
steeled herself as he came and stood in front of her, his graying
locks swaying in the evening breeze as his kind warm eyes sought
hers...the beautiful black depths of which spoke volumes to
her....but she was afraid to mis-interpret them again “Hello
Shashi...good to see you” she said with a warm smile as he
nodded at her and took a deep breath
He
sighed as he saw her standing there in a soft peach chiffon
sari...the pale fabric winded lovingly over her curves while some of
her hair had come out of her loose bun framing her heart shaped
face....she looked ethereal and utterly lovely as her eyes sparkled
with curious questions while her skin glowed under the young moon
light...the small diamonds in her ears, the only jewelry enhancing
her beauty.
It
had been more than a week since he had seen her...their last
conversation being the unfortunate one they had when he had come to
pick up payal...he had tried to meet her many times after that, but
work and an innate fear of what he would see in her eyes had made him
stop every single time...but now standing in front of her, he had
made up his mind...he liked her...more than that in fact; she had
slowly made a place in his thoughts and mind...and he knew that if he
gave it a chance, she would reach his heart too...he had to try.
“Good
to see you too...its....uh....been long” he said trying to find
words that would justify why he had waited so long to talk to her....
“I wanted to talk to you actually....do you...have a few
minutes?” he asked her as she looked on apprehensively at her
house before looking back at him “I...I have some work
actually....can we...” she said as Shashi looked on with
pleading eyes “It will just take a minute” he said as she
sighed and nodded
She
walked along side him to the seating area in the garden, her soft
heels clicking along the stone pathway which led towards a low
seating area near the rose bushes “Can we sit here?” he
asked as she nodded and sat down...with him sitting next to her,
albeit at a respectable distance. She looked down as he twiddled his
fingers together...his feet tapping against the hard floor.
“Garima...I...actually
that day” he started saying as she looked up suddenly “Shashi,
its ok...I told you that you need not explain..” she said as he
interrupted her “No...I need to tell you this...please” he
said as she nodded and looked down again “Garima...my wife and I
had an arranged marriage...we were both from the same community and
our fathers were acquaintances at work...they had fixed our marriage
and a decision was made on our behalf ” he said as Garima
looked up slightly to see Shashi look away
“It
was difficult at first....what with both of us being virtual
strangers...but things got better and we became friends...it took us
time, but we finally accepted each other after nearly three years of
being married...she was my best friend and confidante...and I think
sometimes she knew me better than myself..” he said as he
smiled slightly.
“Over
the years we had payal then eventually ritwik...we had settled into a
blissful family life, where it seemed like all our dreams had come
true...but we both knew that what we had between us was the best of
friendships...I can't say that there was no love between us..there
was...but it wasn't the kind of love one craves for...it was a love
based on lifelong relationship of trust and mutual understanding”
he said as Garima finally saw him...he was still looking away as he
spoke about his wife
“One
day it all came to an abrupt end...she left all of us....broken and
shattered...my kids had lost their mother and I, my best friend”
he said as Garima placed her hand over his, entwining her fingers
with his...he looked at their hands before slowly looking up to see
her eyes glistening with tears...he gave her a small smile and
squeezed her hand back
“If
it wasn't for my children, I don't think it would have been easy for
me to get out of the betrayal i felt at being left alone...how dare
she leave us...” he said as he closed his eyes “I became
my kids father and mother...and I think I have done a pretty good
job...though sometimes I wish that Sharada was there to guide
payal...somethings a girl can only share with her mother I guess”
he said as Garima smiled softly
“What
i'm trying to say is...Gosh, i know i said it will take a
minute....but” he said as Garima shook her head “Its
allright Shashi...i'm listening” she said as he nodded and
continued “Garima, that day when i saw you....cleaning the
guesthouse...I...I don't know what i felt...but I have never felt
like that about any other woman before...it was like...as if all i
wanted to do was look at you the whole day...you got me curious to
these feelings i had never felt before” he said as Garima left
his hand...she looked away as his piercing gaze made her shiver
“Don't
pull away from me Garima...I am only telling you this because I
cannot keep it inside me anymore...” he said as she looked back
at him...her heart thundering in her ears as he spoke “At that
point I did not know anything about you...and maybe i was afraid to
find out...I thought that you worked here at the mansion and was
satisfied with that...then I kept meeting you and my feelings just
got stronger...” he said as she looked down shyly
“That
day in the garden, I was...i don't know what i was thinking...but i
knew that i wanted to make the next move...but then...I came to know
that you are Garima Gupta...you are in a way, my boss” he said
in a pained voice as Garima stared at him...is that why? “Yes,
that was why i stepped away...not because you were Arun mehra's
ex-wife or any other silly reason...I just could not find the courage
to show you my feelings after knowing that I was working for
you....it would not have been right...I thought you might take it
wrongly...” he said as she looked on with an amused look
“Shashi...I
may be Shalini Gupta's daughter and Khushi Gupta's mother....but I
have my own identity...i'm Garima...thats it...I don't have big
dreams or huge ambitions...I am happy teaching and tending to my
gardens...that's who I am...” she said as Shashi took her hand
in his and held on....his eyes wandering on her face as she blushed
under his gaze
“I
know that now Garima...I was stupid and....I don't know what I was
thinking....what i feel for you is much more than just 'like'
and...and I want to know you better....I know you feel something for
me too...I can see it in your eyes...” he said as she looked
down, but did not pull her hand away “So all i'm asking is...can
we...uh...can I take you out to dinner sometime?like a....like a
date” he asked as she looked up from under her eyelashes...the
gesture making her look like a young girl
“Uh..yes”
she said finally as Shashi realized he was holding his breath....he
shifted closer to her as she sighed and looked into his eyes
“I...Shashi...its been so long...” she said as he held her
hand with both of his and bought it to his lips...he kissed her
softly on her knuckles as she looked away, embarrassed and shy “Its
been too long for me too...and I haven't really been on any date till
now...so, please forgive me if I completely goof up or something”
he said as she giggled and looked at him
“I
am sure, you won't goof up mr Dinkaran...” she said as she
gently pulled her hand out of his with Shashi reluctantly letting it
go “I have to go now...I'll...uh...wait for your call? Text?”
she asked as he burst out laughing “I guess this date will be a
success...what what both of us, not knowing the heads or tails of
it!” he said as she chuckled along “Hmm...maybe....I look
forward to it” she said as she got up
She
looked on at Shashi who looked contentedly at her....he showed her
his phone and raised his eyebrows as she smiled at him “Just so
you know, I like Mughlai food...” she said as he smiled at her
boyishly before nodding his head...Garima gave him one last look and
turned away with a beautiful smile etched on her face...the pesky
headache, long gone...leaving a blissful feeling instead.
...............................
Arnav
felt elated as he saw the beautiful woman sitting in the front row
smiling and clapping for him...the show had been a huge success with
Drita's designs and Arnav's workmanship taking the entire Fashion
aficionado's by surprise...the vibrant beautiful colors with indian
motifs and intricate works in European inspired designs had won the
audience over, leaving them salivating for more.
Khushi
smiled brightly as she saw Arnav walk hand in hand with the show
stopper and Drita on either side, he had a small smile on his face
and a look of satisfaction as he sauntered down the runway with the
two beautiful ladies in tow...Khushi had an urge to whistle at the
sexy man in front of her but held it in as he looked straight at her,
giving her a full blown smile, making her blush profusely under his
gaze.
They
soon turned around waving at the crowd who were giving them a
standing ovation now as the beautiful models stood proudly wearing
their R&S Creations...as the lights finally came on after the
last model left, the emcee took to the stage and started announcing
the names of all the designers and design houses that had showcased
their designs today.
The
audience once again stood up and clapped loudly as the various people
behind the breathtaking show came on the stage and waved at
them...the last one to enter was Arnav, whose entry had all the
people scream loudly and the media go mad with flashbulbs going off
at once...she felt a small flutter in the bottom of her stomach as
she watched arnav's eyes flit over the people before stopping at
her...her heart beats started running rapidly as he smirked at her
once again before dispersing along with the rest of the crowd.
She
stood rooted to the carpeted floor as he made his way towards
her...but unfortunately the media got to him first...she waited
patiently as he gave his bytes and then started walking towards
her....they met midways as khushi could not stop herself from being
close to him...she threw her hands around him and hugged him tightly
as he held her close to him “That was amazing Arnav...well
done!” she said breathlessly as she quickly pulled away before
the hug got more personal
“What?
That's it! Don't i get a kiss at least?” he said with a wink as
khushi giggled “You'll get much more...but later...now come, you
must be famished” she said as she pointed towards the adjoining
room where the drinks and food were being served...they met a few
more people on the way to the refreshment room, before they finally
walked into the room...only to get surrounded by many more
“This
will be going on all night Khushi...lets just leave” Arnav
said, annoyed at the fact that here too he was not getting to spend
any time with her....though he was excited about the promise and
desire he had seen in her eyes and could not wait to get her alone
“Arnav...it will only be for a while...you can't just
leave,..you still have to meet the media with Drita” she said
with a soft smile as Arnav groaned
“You
know a lot about my schedule huh?” he said as Khushi rolled her
eyes... “Lavanya told me before she skittered off to check up on
her kids...poor thing, I wonder how she manages to take care of two
kids and work for a maniac like you!” Khushi said as Arnav
raised his eyebrows “Maniac huh? Well you'll get to see what
kind of a maniac I am soon...” he said as she hit him playfully
on his arm “Speaking of which...here she comes!” Arnav
said as khushi quickly created some distance between them, making
arnav look at her amusement
“ASR!
Amazing show...sorry, I had to call and ask about my elder one...he's
gone for a birthday party and needed to be picked up...Aman is going
there now” she said breathlessly as she hailed a waiter and
took a glass of water...she failed to notice both Arnav and Khushi's
eyebrows raised as she took aman's name... “What?” she
asked them as both cleared their throat
“Aman?”
Khushi asked curiously to which Lavanya smiled “yeah, he just
shifted into the apartment below mine...since he was free, I asked
him to pick my son up...its one two blocks away...mom is busy with my
younger one..he's got a runny nose, so I did not want her to take him
along in the cool weather...” she said as Khushi smirked at her
“Aman moved into your building? But what about his parents?”
she asked as Lavanya rolled her eyes
“His
parents re-located back to Kanpur na...you didn't know mam?” she
asked as Khushi shook her head....she had hardly had time to have a
personal chat with Aman recently and though he shared a lot of things
with her, he had failed to mention this little detail
“Anyways...he was looking for a smaller place to move in and
somewhere near the office...and the apartment below mine was perfect!
So now, he helps me out with some stuff...God only know how much help
i need!”she said oblivious to the look that passed between
Arnav and Khushi
“Hmm..anyways,
ASR! Lets go...you need to finish off the interview...I'll ask Aalim
to get Drita as well....Khushi mam, you can come too” she said
as Khushi shook her head... “No, its ok Lavanya...I'll stay
here...there are a few people I wanted to meet ” she said as
she turned towards Arnav “I'll see you in a bit” she said
to him with a small smile as he nodded and smiled back, making his
way to the media room with Lavanya
Khushi
sighed as she picked up a glass of champagne and started walking
towards the other side of the room...she met a couple of key people
who they were doing business with and some who she knew from
before....but as she turned to adjust the hem of her dress, one of
the Journo's came towards her “Ms Gupta, I'm Aastha rao from
Allure...such an honor to meet you...I've been trying to set a
meeting with you since a while, but your PR people have kept a ban on
media since a few days...would you mind if we talk for a bit?”
she asked her as Khushi smiled politely
“I'm
afraid i have some prior engagement...why don't you talk to my team
again, I'll make sure they set up a meeting soon...excuse me” she
said as Aastha's voice stilled her “Oh don't worry...I won't be
talking about how everyone suspects you killed your father” she
said snidely making khushi turn around in anger “What did you
say?” she asked as Aastha smirked at her
“I'm
only voicing what everyone is saying out there...anyways, I only
wanted to meet you to discuss the latest trends of fabric DNA...the
new age...” she started saying when Khushi interrupted her
“Who is saying this?” Khushi asked as Aastha looked on “I
beg your pardon?” she asked as Khushi clutched her champagne
glass tightly “I said, who is saying all this..about...about my
father” she said as Aastha said smugly “Why are you so
bothered? Its not like you did it right?...or did you?” she
asked as Khushi opened her mouth to respond when a gentle hand on her
shoulder stopped her
“Khushi
mam...we need you in the media room” Lavanya said softly as
Khushi looked over her shoulder to find Lavanya looking at her with
concern...her eyes warned her not to say anything to Aastha who was
now waiting patiently for Khushi to react...she sighed as she relaxed
and turned to Aastha “Excuse me...I need to go...it was nice
talking to you...Not!” khushi said as Lavanya hid a smile and
linked her hand with hers....they walked for a bit till they came
near the end of the ballroom near the media room
“I
am sorry...I just made up that excuse...actually I had come to inform
Aalim, that Drita was asking for him...but then I saw you in a heated
argument...i heard the tail end of your convo and...” she said
as khushi squeezed her hand, realizing the damage that could have
happened if she had responded to Aastha “Thanks Lavanya...you
truly are a gem you know...and please, I always wanted to tell you
this...stop calling me mam...your'e more like a friend than an
employee to me...i'd like it, if you'd call me Khushi” she said
as Lavanya blushed in happiness
“Thanks
mam...I mean, Khushi...” she said as she smiled...but then
suddenly straightened up as she saw Arnav walking towards them
“Lavanya...I was looking for you....you can leave if you
want...not much to do here now anyways” he said as she smiled
gratefully and waved a quick good bye and good night to both of
them...as soon as she left arnav took Khushi's hand and pulled her
towards the exit
“As
for us, I can't stay here longer...i'm done with all the
formalities...can we go please!” he said as Khushi smiled at
him...but something about her smile troubled him “hey...what's
wrong? You look tensed..” he said as Khushi shook her head
“No..nothing, just...i was missing you” she said warmly as
arnav held her by her waist and leaned down “Not here Arnav...”
she said as he looked at her sheepishly and took a step away
“Ok
mam...as you say..but now, can we please go to the room you so
lovingly booked” he said huskily as khushi shivered...though
the earlier incident had left an unpleasant feeling in the pit of her
stomach, Arnav's blatant appraising eyes and deep desire for her made
her forget everything...she could not wait to lose herself in his
arms...she smiled saucily as she started walking slowly towards the
elevators before saying a soft “Suite No 1125”

First Again!!!
ReplyDeleteI thought u updated on Saturdays only!:P
But today smthing told me to just check ur blogs!And i did!Saw this update!
Aww lovely arshi scenes<3
Finally Shashi confessed..:D And its a Date!!
Loved the way la helped khushi
06Pallavi
Shashi and Garima are adorable together... They just made me go aww....! n now they are gonna go on date...!!! So happy Shashi decided to clear things up...:)
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to see Khushi supporting Arnav during his event... finally they'l get to spend some time together...!
Lavanya handled the incident with the reporter really well... I love how she and Aman are more of a friend to Arnav and Khushi rather than employees...
Amazing update:)
Oh god! Aar!!
ReplyDeleteShould I be happy for Shashi and Garima? Or should I feel glad for ArShi that they are moving ahead in their relationship!! Or should I feel agitated at that Aastha female! Gawd sue her!!
And that dress? Lady you wear all this, why wont he be distracted and have more interest in you than elsewhere?? Bomb!!
And that scene between shashi ans garima was so cute! I really liked the fact he voiced out and she didn't deny and then their first date! Heheh blush blush but trust me they are a tad bit faster than ArShi, aren't they? :p
And then the surprise lol poor khushi she was in for a surprise when he was ready to pounce :p
And at the gala! Aww that was cute to read eyes rest upon her before nywhere else!
And aman and la huh? Hehhe la is as usual! Sweet and caring!
And boss is he impatient?? Suite num ahem ahem!
Can't wait for the next update :p :D besharam I know :p
Cheers
Arnav and Khushi are so adorable together ....poor couple really need a break so they can give each other the required attention especially since the relationship is so new !!
ReplyDeletei felt cheated :(
ReplyDeleteit was written lots of Arnav & Khushi moments but it ddnt feel like....in fact, wid expectations of Arshi moments i was happily reading wen suddenly felt like someone threw cold water on me ,wen Shashi and Garima confession conversation came up..oh,wow!took me about 30 secs to to go from huh? to oh!
happy dat they have things sorted out but i feel it just makes for more dirt for dat nasty detective/media and monica & whoever to fling back at them....wrong timing..but then heart knows no time,place,right or wrong,colour,status,race...
Awwww! Lavanya and Aman : <3 love it....though i ddnt realize that husband was missing,must have skipped reading dat part..
it's sweet dat Arnav is more demonstrative of his feelings for Khushi,nice change
well,khushi seems to want to take their relationship to the next level..good for her and Arnav! ...PH preferred to suite seems non-personal(environment) -my thot :)
-IF -khushiiXOXO
Arnav n. khushi are so cute together. I like how the things are progressing between shashi n garima. Beautiful update :)
ReplyDeleteGarima & Shashi.. Aww they are so cute. I am loving the way things are going between them. In fact for this update i found them to be more interesting and loving than Arnav & Khushi. Their confession was too good.
ReplyDeleteComing for A&K they were as usual outstanding. I so love them. They are so much into each other. Love the way Khushi taking the initiation of spending some time Alone. ;-) But why the media is hell bent on making Khushi or Garima a culprit.
One more interesting track is upcoming... Aman & Lavanya. Lets wait to see what happens.
But for now i am eagerly waiting for the next update where A&K are spending some time alone and of course their Paris Trip.
Thnks for the lovely update
oh god awesome .....really really awesome......will be waiting for the next update plzzzz make it a bit quick.......
ReplyDeleteso coming up next is the most awaited night of ArHi............loved the update.and the dress was really a modest design,,,lovely
ReplyDeleteNeag
(india-forums)
amazing updat cant wait for next part
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful update. Glad that Sashi cleared the MU. As though we had less of it in the soap! Thanks for a beautiful update. Cannot wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteA dazzler as usual, with generous doses of romance, intrigue, anticipation, and, camaraderie(La-Khushi)..
ReplyDeleteIt's new beginnings for Shashi-Garima, and, I am truly happy for them...very deserving..
Khushi's plan to surprise Arnav, by dropping at his PH unexpectedly,...the sneaky glances, at the show, her support and applauding his efforts, his teasing....and, then, reading of a possible love story Aman-La about to blossom, soon, ...heartwarming.. that tryst to the suite, had me unsettled...I fervently pray, that the situation is not retrogressive.. Await next..
OMG!!!!The story moved sooo forward..i missed it...was busy in my semester exams and didnt check it at all..bt no probs m back...yipppeeee... :)
ReplyDeleteso finaly they r together..i guess its garima's sis Tripti involved in all these...the way c stopped Naik to further question on the issue makes me think tht smthng is fishy...!!!
continue soon...waiting for next update eagerly... :)
--Aryancha(I-F user)
sorry for nt being available since long..plz send me pms wen u update..
amazing update
ReplyDeletewaiting for nxt one
blog reader- khushi verma/ precious-pie(if)
Shashi and Garima are simply adorable. I am loving their story.
ReplyDeletearnav and Khushi...always wonderful.
Good work.